Saturday, January 24, 2009

Vegetarian Chili


With a focus on eating more healthy, I am trying to eat less meat & more vegetables. On our menu this week was Vegetarian Chili & cornbread. Soups are always an easy way to get a lot of veggies in & chili is so hearty & filling. With all the strong seasonings, you really don't miss the meat. You're not really tasting it to begin with. Here's what I threw together. My family really liked it.

Vegetarian Chili

1 diced green bell pepper
1 diced onion
1 carrot, peeled & diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can diced green chilies
1 can kidney beans
1 can chili beans
1 can whole kernel corn
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin

I put all the ingredients in a crock pot on high for about 6 hours. Could also go in a pot on the stove & simmer until all the vegetables are tender. Serve with grated cheese & sour cream.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Mmmmmm, that looks so good. I'm definitely going to try it.

chanel said...

yum, sounds good. once this baby is out and i can eat without heartburn i will try it!

the fellers said...

wow, that looked great!

Amy said...

That looks so delicious! I am bookmarking this one!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

YUM! Vegetarian chili is one of my all-time favorites. It's one of those meals I serve my carnivorous friends and you're right-they don't even miss the meat! What a fun resolution, I hope you enjoy your vegetarian meals!

3 'lil Lemons said...

oh my goodness, that looks so yummy. Can I come over and have some now? You always have the best recipes. Thanks for sharing them!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...