Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What I Love About This Day & This Man


I just wanted to share a few of my thoughts on this super, awesome day. Obama has impressed me from the beginning because with him I felt like my voice mattered. That what I am doing in my little corner of the world matters. I was shocked with his campaign that he would ask anybody & everybody to join in & become a part of something. To start caring about politics & America again. He didn't require any criteria except that you were an American. He accepted small donations to fund his campaign. Small donations which together became something huge. I'm also happy with the way he's lead his transition time. Still calling upon us to be a part of this movement. Reminding us that small efforts make a difference & together we can change the world we live in.

I hope you will take the time to look at USAservice.org. Under "other service opportunities" there is a listing of many organizations that you can get in touch with to help better our communities. I also hope that you will continue to make efforts along with me to live a more "green" lifestyle. Again, every little bit helps & adds up to a huge difference.

I hope you are enjoying this most special day. I took Sadie to school late because I didn't want to miss anything. Oh, we are excited!

8 comments:

Erin L said...

we watched it too. it was pretty cool. i'm interested to see where he leads our country.

alexandra said...

I kept the twins home today - wanted them to see this glorious, historic moment as it happened. We loved it and we are excited too - and we are Canadian!!!

Lola....L..O..L..A....lo--oh--luh! said...

Kept my kids home today too! It is amazing.

Dylan said...

Obama at a congressional luncheon today: "What's happening today is not about me. It is about the American people. They understand that we have arrived at a moment of great challenge for our nation, a time of peril, but also extraordinary promise.

"And by being here today, and by participating in innumerable ways across cities and small towns, and suburbs all across the country, they are demonstrating the readiness to answer history's call, and to step up and give back and take responsibility for serving the common purpose of remaking our nation."

via CNN.

I love this guy and yeah, I'm fired up and ready to go.

chanel said...

he rules! how great was his speech?!!? seriously is it even possible for him to not give an AMAZING speech? He has such a strong pulse on the future and power of this country! i loved when he said something like "we're choosing HOPE over FEAR"; in your face W! How can he say those things after having tea with the man? Cause its the TRUTH! But still, it makes me laugh in an uncomfortable way- heheeeheeee.

The Pfau's said...

I love to read this political side of you that I never knew in Vegas! By the way I LOVE your curtains too! You are way to talented!

Anonymous said...

How is that "hopey, changey thing going"?

Candace said...

GREAT!!! And who are you? wanting to confront me & hiding behind "Anonynous"?

I am 100% behind Obama. Love all that he's doing. We've already seen positive changes in our lives. Like the Income Based Repayment program for student loans. Has helped us out tons....Cash for Clunkers....brilliant. Now if we can just get health care passed.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...