Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From The Archives: Sugar Cookies

I had a reader request my sugar cookie recipe so I'm posting it again this year. I am a bit of a sugar cookie snob & it's all my mom's fault because she made these incredible ones. I signed up to bring cookies to Sadie's school party so it looks like I'll be making these tomorrow night!


Now it just wouldn't be Valentine's Day without some of these.

Sugar Cookies

1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2-1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tarter

Mix powdered sugar, butter, egg, vanilla & almond extract. Mix in flour, baking soda and cream of tarter. Cover & refrigerate at east 2 hours. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough into halves. Roll each half 3/16 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake until edges are light brown 7 to 8 minutes. Makes about 5 dozen 2 inch cookies.

Buttercream Icing

1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
4 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. milk

Cream butter & shortening. Add vinalla. Add sugar one cup at a time. Add milk.

5 comments:

Heather said...

And a sugar cookie snob you should be....they are the BEST!
Thanks for helping me in not having to dig that recipe up. I was gonna go easy with cupcakes, but with your pictures I think I'll go all out.

Amber said...

I'll have to try those, but my husband is allergic to nuts, so either I'd have to find a subsitute or he just can't have any!!!! That sounds good too! ;)

Lori said...

thanks I will do this with the kiddos on Friday. And your recipe is different then Wilton's and I am just not gonna trust them anymore. They were like dont refrigerate and dont grease your cookie sheet! I had seen yours and now I hope I can have some as yummy looking as these! i will get them up on my blog if i do!!

Michelle said...

I'll definitely have to try these. I love all your recipes!

the fellers said...

those look so good!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...