Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Work It!


I've been adding a sticker to the calendar for every day that I exercise. In fact just before sitting down to write this, I added another sticker for today. I haven't missed a day since starting my routine on the 9th & I must say that I'm pretty proud of myself. Although I do love how good I feel when I'm exercising on a normal basis, it's hard for me to find time to fit it in & quite frankly I'd rather spend my extra time doing something else...like sewing. I decided it was time to get my butt in gear. I want to feel better about myself & I want to look better.

Somebody said that you have to think of exercise like something you just have to do each day, like making dinner or giving the kids a bath...You just have to do it. I picked a time in my day when I could fit it in. Just after I drop Sadie off at preschool in the afternoon & I lay Claire down for her nap. I'm don't allow myself to look at the computer or do housework, I have to go straight to the DVD player & put on my workout disc. No getting sidetracked. I'm doing the Slim in 6 program. I struggled the first 2 days with super sore muscles & I just didn't have the stamina or strength to do the entire program without taking breaks. I could only do 3 push ups when starting...now I can do 20 or more.

I'm not seeing results on the scale yet, but I can definitely see that I'm getting stronger & tighter. My pants are a little loose around my waist & I'm seeing muscle definition. The program has 3 levels. You do each level for 2 weeks & then move up to the next. I just started the second level yesterday & it's kicking my butt big time, but I'm excited to keep going & gain the strength to master this one & be able to move up yet again.

I originally started out with the plan that I'd buy myself an iPod if I get through the whole 6 weeks. I thought I needed that motivation. But I'm not even thinking about that iPod anymore. All I'm thinking about is what I'll look like in the end.

7 comments:

alexandra said...

So happy that you're finding your groove with exercise!
You should be so proud of yourself!!
I like your idea about getting right to it after you drop Sadie off - I should do that after I drop the twins off at Sr Kindergarten.
And don't think too much about the number on the scale - muscle weighs more than fat so for the first little bit you'll notice (just like you wrote) the benefits in other areas.
So proud of you - thanks for inspiring me!!
A.

the fellers said...

Good job! I am so proud of you! it is so hard to motivate yourself to do it everyday, so just getting to that point of wanting to is a big step! I have heard someone that once you do something 10 days in a row it is a habit and you have a hard time breaking it...I promise that is true for me....now, when I DONT exercise, I am so frustrated the next day, adn I am actually sore the next day, from lack of stretching, etc....The sticker thing is a great idea....why do kids only get stickers when they do something they are supposed to? Adults like them too!

eatfruit said...

Keep up the good work-- I wish I could get back on that train. Once short season comes I might be suddenly motivated.

Shooting Starchild said...

I love sticker charts. I'm trying to get into a workout habit. Thanks for the inspiration!

amanda said...

that is so great. i did the sticker thing too i think it helps.

pamela said...

i know this is an old post but i saw exercise and thought.. hm, i wonder what she's doing. i cracked up because i just ordered the slim in 6 and moved up to the second level. my daughter thinks it's hilarious (she's 15months) and *does it with me*. she even does the exagerated breathing!

Lourdes said...

you inspire me !
Thank you very much!
I´ll start now my excercise rutine.
I bought a DVD 4 months ago....
Now it´s the time...
thanks a lot!
Lourdes

PS: It´s the firts time that I visit your Homepage, you have a new fan.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...