Monday, March 09, 2009

5 Things


1. I've added a few new flag garlands to the shop today.

2. I had a bad exercise week last week. Only worked out 3 out of 5 days...and I ate pretty crappy. Feeling more determined today. I'm going to start keeping a food journal. I have a goal to drink more water. I also want to have a salad & one vegetable side with dinner every night.

3. Daylight savings is hard to adjust to.

4. I promised Sadie that we could cut up a pineapple when she gets home from school. We're both pretty excited about that.

5. We have decided on full day kindergarten for Sadie next year. There are an number of reasons why. I just need to quit feeling like I'm a bad mom for making this choice. Ultimately, we think it will make Sadie happy & the whole family happy. She wakes up every morning & the first thing she asks is if it's a school day. With the long winters that we have here, I think an extra few hours of school will be good for her. It's hard for us to get out & so much of the time she is asking to play the computer or watch a movie anyway. If we decided to go half day then she would miss out on music, p.e. & art. All of which she'd love. For our situation & for Sadie in particular, we feel that this is the best choice. Thanks for all your input!

6 comments:

Whitney said...

I know I suggested the half day option, but if this is the best option for your family, go for it! It doesn't make you a bad mother at all. It means you're doing what you're supposed to do: take of your family and know what's best for them. Good choice!

Lola....L..O..L..A....lo--oh--luh! said...

If I had the choice I would go for all day kindy. This year I put my 4th in half day, and I think that they need more. Either way, I can tell, from months of stalking, that you are a great Mom. No worries!

Jen said...

If I have the choice for Kennedy, I am going with all-day! I don't know how they do it here, but if I can, I am going to. Do not feel bad about it! You totally made the right choice. I love those flag garlands. You are so talented! I wish I would have had you give me some lessons before you moved away! I really could have learned so much from you!!!!

The Morris Family said...

I think she'll like it. Plus, I've found that even though Brock is gone more, I take better advantage of the time we are together, and we use it more wisely. We definitely appreciate one another more.

Erin L said...

music, pe and art are definitely worth all day school. and if she's already going most days, than it won't be as much of an adjustment. I just can't believe she's big enough for kindergarten!

the fellers said...

Hey, I was just reading how you said you want to start eating better...more veggies with dinner, well I just started on that again, and I just wanted to let you know about a blog that has TONES of good tips for healthy eating..http://healthdiabetic.blogspot.com/
it it Shon's cousin who was diagnosed with diabetes about a year ago, and has done GREAT with it, and she just wanted to share her tips that she learns, as well as some really good recipes...check it out if you want! Good luck!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...