Thursday, March 12, 2009

Matching Skirts For My Girls....Oh, Yes I Did

I am not the type to dress my kids alike...but I just couldn't resist.


After some serious neglect of the sew along blog...I've decided to get it going again. We're currently working on the oliver + s lazy days skirt pattern. I love this pattern. Seriously, love it. It's super, super simple & easy. I didn't have ribbon on hand so I used double fold bias tape for the finishing edge & that worked great as well.


My girls love their skirts. I love that Sadie thinks I can make anything. But, instead of saying thank you for the skirt she immediately asked if I was going to make matching shirts. :) Um, no. However, I am going to make a few more of these skirts for each of them before I move on to something else. I'm planning on making more of their clothes & spring is a great time to jump on that.

10 comments:

Waldeck Dry Goods said...

These look great!

ashley said...

so cute candace! i always want to sew after looking at your blog!

Dylan said...

Those girls got them some white legs.

chanel said...

I AM the "type" to dress my girls the same- CAUSE IT FREAKIN ROCKS!!!! I am so sad now they are in different sections at the stores- maybe i should sew some matchy skirts!!! it better be SUPER EASY now if only i could pick CUTE fabric like you do! you have the best eye!

gotta call and THANK YOU too! WOW! LOVE the package!

Shooting Starchild said...

I loved having matching (or contrasting) outfits with my sister! I still do (except she lives in another state now).

Sarah said...

Cute! Occasionally, my girls will separately pick out matching outfits and then be angry when they discover they match - it's so funny. But there's hardly anything cuter. Can't wait to see the wardrobe you make for them!

Tracy said...

Super cute!! I printed out that pattern a couple of weeks ago to make some skirts for my sweet Sara. Thanks for the inspiration to get started!

jenny said...

so cute. I am ready to get back to sewing too.

Cherine said...

Ha ha cute skirts!

Shay said...

I love those, they are awesome. Great job!!!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...