Monday, April 27, 2009

Colorful Birthday Party

We celebrated Claire's birthday this weekend with a party. A few of her cute little friends from her church nursery class came to help make it special. I decided to go with a colorful theme & made homemade play dough for all the guests to take home.

Pizza & grapes for lunch with cupcakes & ice cream for dessert.

I sewed up quick little fabric bags & just tied them with strips of fabric in a contrasting color.

Inside the goody bags were the play dough, colorful gummy bears & a mardi gras bead necklace.

We made streamer bracelets with crepe paper & plastic bracelets. The kids were interested in these for about 2 minutes. They did a quick little parade through the house. Claire liked hers the best & wore it on her arm all the way up under her armpit, w/ her new fairy wings on, & ran around letting the wind blow her streamers back.

And colorful balloons all over the place. For running & throwing & getting in the way once all the guests arrived. :)

It's easy for me to get really stressed out when planning a kids birthday party and I wanted this one to be really laid back w/ no fuss. It was fun & Claire couldn't have been any happier. I'll call it a success.

10 comments:

Reece's said...

I agree! No fuss parties are the best! I have to remind myself each birthday to slow down and relax about it...kids just want to play! They really dont need more entertainment than that!

The Pfau's said...

So Cute!! I love your little party bags- they are adorable. Very cute idea and if there was no stress that really is a perfect party.

chanel said...

nice. homemade parties are always the best & i think the least stressful- who needs to stress over kids' parties??? the kids just make it all fun. love your playdough colors! i hate homemade playdough, i can never get it right & yours looks awesome! the streamer thing is such a great idea!

cfmomof1 said...

I think I might need you to plan Olivia's 8th birthday cause you are THAT good! Happy Belated Birthday Claire!

Shay said...

Great idea to make everything, you are awesome to just do it!! I love the playdough, it is so pretty!!

important occasions said...

A good tip to make them look good is to add tissue paper inside a small gift bag and then add the items onto of the tissue paper. Makes them look really good.

http://www.smallimportantpeople.co.uk/partybags

Cathy said...

That was an awesome party you have.. play dough is great my kids love playing with it.

rose said...

simple & cute. i love it!

dana said...

Great colors and beautiful photos.
I'm loving your site and just added you to my "blogs I like" section.

Greeting Card Printing said...

Congratulations, this is such a wonderful theme! I love all the different colors. The homemade play dough is really cool! And the goodie bag is really adorable, I love everything haha :)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...