Thursday, April 16, 2009

Embroidery Thread Jackpot

Did I ever tell you about the bankers box that I bought at a garage sale for $1.00? I bought it because it had a bunch of doilies that I could see on top. When I got the box home I also found a bunch of cool knitting needles, spools of gutermann sewing thread & these three storage boxes filled with embroidery thread all organized by color. Awesome, right?


I finally used some of this thread on those little bunnies. I'm thinking that I need to get more into embroidery, because these colorful cards of thread are just calling my name. They also remind me of my mom's thread boxes back when she cross stitched. And I always like when things remind me of my family. Like chocolate chip cookies make me think of my Dad & tamales always make me think of my Grandma. :)

Also, I love buying things second hand & thrift stores & garage sales. All this awesome stuff for a buck! What's better than that?

11 comments:

Erin L said...

I still have a box full of embroidary thread from when I used to crossstich. Seeing your stuff makes me think I need to pull it out and do more stuff with it.

misschris said...

Holy cannoli, girlfriend! That is awesome!

I love thrifting. There is nothing like finding a score like that. BRAVO.

My floss will never be that organized. Ever.

jenny said...

Great find. I love thrifting and garage sailing. There is nothing more satisfying when you find a "steal" like this.

Kindred Crafters said...

Unreal! I can't imagine what all that would have cost to buy new. Lucky Duck!

Jessica said...

wowee! that is a deal! i love to embroider. it reminds me of my grandma, since you mentioned reminders. my grandma would do it constantly, and she did all the insanely detailed stuff.
what a great suprise for you!

Waldeck Dry Goods said...

Wow! Lucky you! Yard sale season is in full swing in PA... I hope I'm as lucky as you were!

alexandra said...

I have a ton of embroidery floss left over from my childhood days of making friendship bracelets - the colours are so much fun. I have some cards but haven't gotten around to sorting it all and 'carding' it. Lucky you to have them all set up like that!! I can't believe you got ALL that for ONE DOLLAR!!! What a find!! Yay for you!!!

Candace said...

Oh! Friendship bracelets!! Yes! Thanks for reminding me, Alexandra.

Donna said...

A buck!! That's insane! I want to shop where you do .. my city is decidly not a 'garage sale' place. Sadly. Tragically. Except once a year my neighbourhood comes alive and EVERYONE has a sale . . 10 square blocks of pure carnival. We always seem to have stuff to sell though, too. And with two little kids, hard to get out and scavenge!

Jenna said...

seriously a dollar? i'm drooling. and all pretty and organized already. *sigh* that inspired me to clean up my embroidery mess and make it all pretty. great finds!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a lucky find ☺ !

Holly C.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...