Thursday, April 09, 2009

I Need A Camera To My Eye

So my camera quit taking photos a few days ago!! The shutter release on my digital rebel just stopped working. I've got it in for repairs & I'm just waiting to hear back. The camera store may be able to fix it & if not they'll have to ship it off to canon for the repairs. In other words...who knows how long I could be without a camera. It could be weeks!

We have talked about getting a point & shoot camera for quite some time. One that we could take out with us that wouldn't be as bulky as the SLR. One that Dylan could tote around to take photos of old buildings & old mattresses in trash piles with & I'd still have my camera at home for everyday photos & shop photos.

It's only been two days & I'm not surviving well without my camera. Not well at all. I'm thinking that now might be the time to get that extra camera. Do you guys have any suggestions for good point & shoot digital cameras? Preferably ones that are on the inexpensive end.

10 comments:

Little Gray Pixel said...

Nice Wilco reference!

I would go crazy without my camera, too. Luckily I have a craptastic cellphone camera for the old mattresses in trash pile shots.

I know Canon ELPHs are pretty good:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=digital+camera&oe=utf-8&cid=3809125012565193170&sa=title#ps-sellers

kirsten said...

I've heard good things about the elphs, too. i have a canon powershot from a couple of years ago that i love. it's so great for just taking out with you and keeping in your purse. right now you can get such good point-and-shoots for pretty cheap. check costco - they have coupons for them all the time, too.

ash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ash said...

I have my Nikon for real pictures and a Casio Exilim ZOOM (8.1 mega-pixel) for my purse. It's small, and ideal for carrying around just-in-case. I like that it's super skinny and the screen on the back is huge. The only slight downside is that there isn't a viewfinder, you just look at the screen and shoot. Not that big of a deal to me, but something to think about. It looks like it's about $100 online right now, and it is awesome.

chanel said...

i'd die! run to target & just get SOMETHING-ANYTHING!!!

Amber said...

I am waiting for a new lens and I am dying too! I hate not having my camera.

andrea said...

I am sorry you have to wait! We had a Nikon cool pix before our rebel and it was pretty good, I bet you could find something on amazon for a good price.

How are you anyway?

Shay said...

I cannot imagine life without a camera, I am so sorry!! We had a Kodak, but it died within two years, so I would not go with that. Good luck.

jenny said...

i had the canon powershot sd1100 until i broke it. now i'm looking at getting the canon powershot sd770. i don't know what i would do if i wasn't without a camera - eeeek! hope it comes back soon!

D said...

We love our panasonic Lumix- we have a bigger one but there is a whole range. Costco has great prices.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...