Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Recipe For Leftover Ham


Here's a really good, super easy recipe to use up some of that Easter ham. Just a quick note: I like to dice up my leftover ham & freeze it that way, so that it's easy to just thaw & throw into casseroles & salads.

Alfredo Ham Casserole

diced ham
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
broccoli florets, chopped
mushrooms, sliced
1 jar alfredo sauce
mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 pkg. egg noodles

Bring a pot of water to boil & cook egg noodles according to package directions. Saute the ham, onion, garlic, broccoli & mushrooms in a skillet until all the veggies are soft. Mix in the alfredo sauce. Once the noodles have cooked through, combine the ham mixture & the noodles & put in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil & bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese & bake uncovered 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.

My family really likes this casserole. Sorry for the poor ingredient measurements. It doesn't have to be exact, I just throw in what I have or as much as I think works. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Lil said...

Thanks for the idea.

Lori said...

yummy! i always love ur recipes and the pics u take to show them off!

Shay said...

Sounds easy enough, I will give it a try, wait I don't have any ham, maybe another time.

Jessica said...

that looks really good candace. and i have all the ingredients already, double good:)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...