Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sadie's Gingham Top

I finished this top for Sadie yesterday too. Made from a navy blue, cotton blend, gingham fabric from the clearance section at Joann's. The pattern is Simplicity 4206. The shirt pieces seemed ridiculously short, so I added 2 inches to the length. Once hemmed up, the shirt still seems a bit short. It is wearable, for sure, but in the future I'll add 3-1/2 inches, I think.

I want to work on some capris & bermunda shorts for this girl next. I'll probably use this same pattern (Simplicity 4206) for a few pairs. Do you guys have any other pattern suggestions? I'd love to hear them.

7 comments:

Amber said...

That looks really cute on her & I love the sundress too!

Angie said...

So adorable!

Lori said...

ur totally rocking! very inspiring!

Patti said...

LOVE that shirt.

3 'lil Lemons said...

I love the smocked dress as well as this shirt. Such cute clothes. Lucky girl.

heather said...

I've used simplicity 5537 many times. Shirt pattern D looks similar to the shirt you made Sadie. Which is on my list to sew this summer. I've made the shorts many times but I omit the side pockets, and you can shorten the pants pattern to make capri's. Here is a picture of the shorts on my daughter: http://www.flickr.com/photos/awindow4me/3404807701/in/set-72157594397918216/

Anonymous said...

Butterick B5119!! It is my favorite pattern ever! It includes a top/nightgown and shorts. The pattern shows a ruffle on the sleeve, but I've also done it with a casing. Just a warning though - I usually shorten the sleeves by 2" and shorten the neck elastic - otherwise it's off the shoulder.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...