Friday, April 24, 2009

Salad Nights


I'm thinking about planning a salad night for dinner once a week. I always have romaine hearts & cucumbers on hand in the fridge. It'd be an easy dinner night that uses up all the leftover vegetables & whatnot that we have on hand. On the occasion pictured above, we had mushrooms, red onion, and hard boiled egg left over from previous meals. I added in some grape tomatoes & chopped walnuts too. Leftover meat from tacos was heated up & added as well. It was good. That's it! I'm making it official. Salad night once a week for the Todd family!

I'd love to hear what your favorite salad toppers are. Craisins & feta cheese are my all time favorites. Mandarin oranges are pretty good too. While you're at it, let me know what your favorite low fat salad dressing are, as well. Our family has become quite fond of poppyseed dressing. Thanks!

11 comments:

kirsten said...

okay, i think i need to email you some recipes this weekend. i have an awesome recipe for poppyseed dressing. and re: meatless - we're heading there, too. there are some great curries you can do without meat - throw a can of chickpeas in instead. one of my fave recipes is 'jamaican beans and rice'. yummmm. oh, and taco lentils.

i'll get on this soon.

Lori said...

good idea! i will have to remember where i saw that yummy cesar salad recipe. i doint think mister potts will go for a salad night but i am looking forward to our sandwich nights in the summer.

Keri said...

I got so hungry for a good salad when you posted that photo on your 1828 blog. I must admit, though I love eating a good salad, I really don't like making them. I need to get over it and enjoy all of the goodness! Maybe I should put your picture as the desktop background on my computer?! Ha ha!

Jessica said...

i was going to say craisins and cheese:) yum. i also love a spinach/srawberry/walnut salad. great for summer.
i love balsamic dressing. and its so easy to just make it yourself, just alittle bit of oil and balsamic, mix it and your good. such good flavor.
thanks for all these meal ideas! so good to see what others are making, we have had a little too much rice and pasta lately.

emily said...

spinach, strawberries, cheddar, avocado and balsamic dressing is great!

romaine, green onions, mandarin oranges, strawberries, sugared almond slices . . .yummy too!

Candace said...

This looks delicious! I love your work...I found you off the front page on etsy last night! Congratulations :)

PS Great name!

Little Gray Pixel said...

That salad looks great. I'm partial to sunflower seeds and bell peppers, and lemon vinaigrette...

Chanel said...

i have a to die for salad, it is super easy- spinach/craisins/bacon (you're welcome dylan)/apples/purple onion/ & almonds with a homemade dressing- you can not stop eating it!!! i'll call ya with the dressing!

misschris said...

Looking forward to reading all these suggestions. Big salad gal myself -- although hubs is a more traditional meat and meat with a side of meat guy. ;)

Anna said...

My fave is spring greens, goat cheese, black walnuts, dried cherries, and balsamic dressing. Yum!

rose said...

have you ever tried johnny's salad elegance? tastes really good on garden salads. and i'm a big fan of trader joe's goddess dressing. yum!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...