Monday, May 04, 2009

Vintage Bunting + Doily = Such Goodness

By far my most favorite flag garland that I've ever, ever, ever made:


I appliqued some pretty doilies to the buntings that I worked on this weekend & good golly, I'm in love. These two are now available in the shop. With more to come, I'm sure.



I also happened upon a large amount of vintage stetson marcrest swiss alpine chalet dishes on my solo thrifting trip this weekend. I was in search of some lovely, ornate, vintage picture frames, which of course I can't find ANY of because I actually NEED them! But I did find a big crate full of these lovely blue & white dishes that I just couldn't pass up. They deserve to go to some new homes where they will be loved.


So I cleaned them up nice & I'll be adding them to the shop during nap times this week. So, keep an eye out! Happy Monday to you all! I think it's going to be a good week.

7 comments:

Lori said...

well darn i need u to upload all of those to the shop like now so I can check them out some more.
Hey Candace I was wondering if you could do a post about buying vintage fabric. I saw a sheet two weekends ago that reminded me of you and I thought it might be vintage. It had no date on the tag but said Sears Roebuck made it. I did grab it cause I was trying to keep my estate sale splurge to about 10 bucks. A post just on vintage shopping at estate sales in general.

Sara said...

I really love the bunting. So dainty.

Jessica said...

those buntings are my fav too. great! and i love the colors in them. so pretty. what a great find too. i always hate it when you cant find what you are looking for. but then you stumble upon treasures. it is the lovely thrill of thrifting :)

Amy said...

Love the flag garland - so pretty!

Violet Crafts said...

Love lovely blue & white color combination of dishes.

alwaysadorable said...

Love, love, love this! I actually have quite a few doilies but never enough table/surface space. Thanks for such a cute solution!

♡ Ambrosia said...

Vintage doilies and lace are my thrifting addiction. I have one thrift store here that has tons and tons of doilies and they are priced around $1~$3 per. Perfect prices for me! Gosh, I have commented all over your blog. I feel like we are kindred thrifters <3

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...