Tuesday, June 23, 2009

5 Things

* Dylan has a new super awesome mix guaranteed to make your summer da bomb. Download it here.

* I have a new calling at church. I am now the enrichment leader & I'm super excited about it. Have any fabulous enrichment ideas? I'd love to hear them.

* Yesterday I got some Huggies reward codes from Freebies 4 Mom & played them on an instant win game. I won a $25 gas card!! I never win. It made my day. :)

* I enjoyed this post by Jena over at Modish: 6 Things You Can do to Stay Cool During the Summer Slump. We've definitely noticed a drop in sales & it's good to know that there are more factors involved than people just hating me & my stuff. Please tell me that you read the Modish Biz Tips. If not, you must go back & read them all now. It's a great source of information & may motivate you to take control & guide your business to be more successful.

* I don't think that I ever told you about my recent super blonde hair color change. How I saved up my Mother's Day money from my sweet mother-in-law to go get my hair professionally colored, you know so it would look pretty. I went for an all over hair color....I was thinking a medium blonde, so that I could continue to do my own highlights later. Well it ended up WAY lighter than I was hoping for & kinda orangeish. I cried & cried about it. I didn't go to church the next day. I looked in the mirror every 15 minutes to decide how I felt about it. I washed it in purple shampoo. I paid a lot for it but didn't feel that I had the money to get it fixed....and then I decided that I kinda liked it & I could rock it. And now that my face is a bit more tan, I like it a lot more. Silly, dramatic girls, right? I don't think I'll do an all over blonde hair color again in the future, though. Pardon my dirty mirror in these photos.


14 comments:

theniftynewlywed said...

Purple shampoo is a lifesaver! I use that with my highlights at least 2x/week! Brassiness hasn't happened yet! :)

Sara said...

Oh, hi Claire...I mean Candace!
I think it's great on you!

Candace said...

I know, Sara. Totally, right?
People are often telling me now that Claire is a mini version of me. Could be the change in my hair color.

Lori said...

DONT EVER THINK WE DONT LOVE UR SHOPPE! i need some monry b4 someone takes my cups and bowls!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE your new blonde hair!! Tell Sadie I said HI and that I miss her terribly. Hope you guys are having a wonderful summer!! :o)
-Kelly Dunn

Paula Kathlyn said...

You are totally rockin that hair color :)

Katherine said...

i love the new color! and my print came in the mail the other day and seriously went straight from the mail box out of the tube into the frame and onto the wall in about ten seconds. thanks, candace--i love it!

chanel said...

you are sooooo gorgeous! im in LOVE with that second picture, you have the best profile of ANYONE! you look AMAZING!!!! and YES your girls man, they are spitting images of you. i instantly saw sadie in your eyes.

hope my shout out helps the sales, and happy day for the gas card!!! luckeeeeee.

andrea said...

Oh that is so sad! You know I totally understand your pain, I have had my hair done bad so many times! But honestly I think it looks really cute. It is really blonde, but you are pulling it off amazingly. It's because you're hot. :) haha That's awesome about the new calling! They sure keep you busy over there.

dana said...

I actually totally like the blonde on you! (though I've never seen you in real life with something else :) ).
It looks kinda funky 80s rock. You're totally workin it.
Enjoy your new calling. That's one I've never had. Sounds slightly overwhelming but fun!

Shay said...

I love the super blonde hair, you hair always looks cute!!

brooke said...

I love your hair Candace! You're so hip!

Brooke said...

P.S. since it's all blonde, you can get some hair bleach from a beauty supply store (like Sally's) and do your own roots. I have friends that do that...and it's cheap! :)

Pip Lincolne said...

You. Look. Gorgeous!!!
x

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...