Thursday, July 30, 2009

8 Ball Zucchini

Have you ever seen an 8 ball zucchini? We picked this little fella up with our CSA vegetables last night. Isn't it funny? It's apparently just like the regular long zucchini, just shaped different. I thought I would be using it in some zucchini bread this morning, so I snapped a photo of it first. Turns out the one giant regular zucchini that we also picked up last night was all we needed for our bread.


And thank heavens for a cool enough day in July so I cold run my oven for an hour making zucchini bread for my husband. He's been asking for it for quite a while. And no, we don't have the air conditioner running. The fact that the weather can be this comfortable in the summer still baffles me. Oh, we'll pay for it in the winter though.

6 comments:

Dylan said...

Maddy totally snuck into the picture. She's jealous of the attention the zucchini's getting, I think. Maybe you should take her picture, too. But don't make bread out of her. That would be sad. And not delicious.

Misty said...

That bread looks good. We got one of those zucchinis recently too. I used it in vegetable soup. I'll have to make some bread too; Rick loves it.

musicgirllv3451 said...

I miss the taste of zucchini bread. I wish I had some right now, lol.

alexandra said...

cool zucchini - I'll have to keep my eye out for those around here.
and yum to the zucchini bread - reminds me of the banana bread I should be baking!

imnotyrbabe said...

I wonder what does it taste ^^ i dont know what is it in Thai..lol..but the bread look yummy ^^

i said...

i just came across your blog.....had a fun visit! i LOVED your picture a day blog!!!! so glad you are sharing.

i just think you are swell :)

p.s. that zuch is awesome

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...