Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Evening Light


Dylan was away yesterday evening & I sat on the living room floor playing lincoln logs with the girls. The light was so pretty coming through the trees & our window. I felt at peace. It's not the way I've been feeling most days. It comes in waves, but I've been a bit out of sorts & sometimes lack the energy to keep everything going right now. I made a mental list of my priorities. I decided that I want to be busy....with my kids, with my housework & with my shop work. Everything will fall into place again. Everything is going to be alright.

I may be a bit sporadic with my blog posts. I know it's common for bloggers to have blocks & periods of time when they just don't feel they have any material to post about. I will be around. I'm just not going to worry about a daily post.

On another note, I found this doily pillow in a closet yesterday & added it to the shop. I think it photographed so lovely. I was also pleased with this garland photo & even more pleased this morning to see that it had made the etsy front page early, early this morning.


And while in the shower today, I had a great idea for a new product for the shop. I swear 90% of my inspiration comes in the shower. Does that happen to you? Anyway, it's a spark...a start...hopefully it takes me in the right direction.

6 comments:

Melissa Everett said...

you are so cute!! Most of my inspiration hits me at 3:30 in the morning... i wake up from a dead sleep to an idea! like this morning.. it hit me on how I am going to finish my skirt I am trying to make with no pattern!

Lori said...

hope your days brighten soon. My best ideas happen at the grocery store. I love shopping by myself and picking healthy food for my family. I find it so relaxing.

Sarah said...

Warm water washing over your skin, white noise, scents of soaps, and being alone - physically and mentally - I love taking a shower. If I get really serious about trying to remember all the things I think of in the shower, I'll have to invest in a waterproof notebook.

alexandra said...

I've been dragging around for a while myself - I like your idea of a mental list and getting busy - I'm ready for that kind of change.
And... I get most of my ideas in the shower - it's a great time to think and sometimes the only time I don't feel like I have to be 'on' as a mommy!!

Shooting Starchild said...

My good ideas (sometimes whole novels, or detailed plans, or craft ideas) usually come when I'm driving ...and can't write things down. I wonder why inspiration comes when the moment seems inopportune. I wonder if it means something?

Sara said...

My hope is that you continue to find peace in sweet moments like that!

Keep your chin up!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...