Saturday, July 04, 2009

Red, White & Blue Sewing

Happy 4th of July! We are having a really great day so far. Ohio has delivered another beautiful day for the 4th. Clear skies & temps in the 70's. We did the parade this morning & are just getting ready for a family nap before some cooking out & a walk to the park for fireworks later tonight.

I wanted to share the dresses that I made the girls for the 4th. Claire's dress is another smocked sun dress from the Weekend Sewing book. I love these dresses. They wear really well & look really great. They're super easy & really comfortable for my girls. The perfect summer dress, I'd say.


I started off with a red dress for Sadie but it just wasn't turning out & I finally decided to give up on that one. I started this cute little number on Thursday night. It was really easy to whip up & I like it much better than my original plan. Sometimes projects just don't work out. And that's okay. Instructions for making this dress can be found here.



The girls loved these dresses & that makes my heart swell. They put them on & start singing & dancing in high pitch voices (the way they do when they are pretending to be princesses) & I know I've done good.

8 comments:

Melissa Everett said...

those are so cute! If I had a girl... Id make one!! The girls are getting so big! Sadie looks really tall in that second picture!

musicgirllv3451 said...

I think those dresses look way cute on the girls. Good job, Candace! :)

The Sweet Line said...

Those dresses are adorable and the girls are even cuter! You are so talented.

Shay said...

They looked so cute today!!

Corissa said...

oh my goodness how cute are those?!! love them.

Donna/Sara from Kindred Crafters said...

Simply adorable! Both the girls and the dresses. Great job, Candace!

Sara

Amber said...

Those dresses are so cute on the girls. And they are getting SO big!!

Ashley said...

They are both adorable! I'm so glad that you liked the pattern! Friends don't believe how easy it was when they see the dress in person ;) Thanks so much for sending me your link! When I get back home from Tahoe I am going to add to my gallery! I've been following your blog as well....love it!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...