Tuesday, July 14, 2009

This Is So My Life Right Now...


Wild kids in skirts & sun dresses constantly tearing apart my house. Wearing yellow rubber gloves, for some reason? Laundry over the back of the couch. Which, Dylan tells me is such a Duke thing. Meaning his mom never put laundry over the back of the couch & he's seen my mom do it. Got me wondering if my sisters lay out their laundry like this.

We are enjoying our summer. The weather has been incredible. We've only had the a/c on for a few days so far. It's a delightful 70 degrees in the house today with the windows open. I am feeling frugal & domestic. I hung my laundry in the basement to dry. (We don't have lines outside, but we do in the basement. Don't ask me, we just rent.) And I am cooking up some dried beans. Except I forgot about them & they burned on the bottom. Do you think all the beans will taste burnt now? Oh well. Maybe we'll have beanless burritos tonight. Or maybe I should just start a new batch.

6 comments:

Paula Kathlyn said...

Such a Duke thing. . . are you from N.C. or is that your maiden name? I put my laundry across the couch too! Drives my husband crazy. . .oops :) Cute girls. . .reminds me of me and my sister when we were little.

Sarah said...

Oh, I didn't realize you could see into my house when I'm reading your blog. HAHA! Wait, my kids aren't wearing yellow rubber gloves, rather fingerless gloves that came with their bike. (Something like old-timey driving gloves I guess.) And one refuses to wear anything other than her jammies.

Melissa Everett said...

haha! it is a Duke thing... cause I do it too. I think it drives Tony crazy... but he doesnt say anything... cause then I will tell him that he needs to do laundry if he doesnt like the way I do it!! Ha! Sadie is so cute with her yellow gloves!

Amber said...

I love the gloves. My boys are wearing some blue plastic gloves of Brian's that he wears at work today too!

I fold my laundry in my bedroom so I lay it on my bed and then it always gets moved to the cedar chest till I feel like hanging it up. I really hate laundry.....hmmmm....I wonder why???

I just remembered...growing up we would always have laundry hanging on the mantel! Good memories.

chanel said...

i burnt my rice on the bottom and was worried it was all going to taste nasty, but it was fine, luckily, since we really couldn't have riceless fried rice. peas and carrots with soy sauce is just gross.
umm, yeah don't do the laundry couch thing. but more power to ya, whatever it takes to get it done.
And ps your blog gives my computer MAJOR problems everytime I come to it. ugh!
LOVE YA!!!!!

Debbie said...

That's a great picture. More often that I would care to admit my husband comes home to the house in shambles via my son, laundry spread all over the couch and dinner NOT ready! : )

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...