Sunday, August 16, 2009

Going Meatless - Egg & Veggie Burritos


We had a lot of vegetables in the fridge that we needed to use up so I diced them up & sauteed them all together. I used red potatoes, patty pan squash, zucchini, bell pepper & onion. Added some garlic, half a jar of salsa & some fresh cilantro.

I didn't have beans on hand but thought that eggs might work in burritos with the vegetables, so I scrambled those & put them all together in burritos. We topped them with cheese only, but I wished I had some avocado or guacamole to add on top. They were good & very filling, but we felt like they needed something a bit more salty added in. Any suggestions?

I was happy with the vegetable/salsa mixture. I think it could work nicely with tacos & even taco salad.

6 comments:

Linden said...

Hey Candace! I've been enjoying reading your blog for a while. Your burritos look great! My family is mostly-veggie, too [that is, I'm still trying to get my hubby on board.] Here's a link to a fabulous enchilada recipe. I'd recommend making a mole sauce instead of the tomatillo, but the filling for the enchiladas is super fabulous!

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/9810?section=

Misty said...

If you were willing to add some meat back in, I love those kinds of tacos with Canadian bacon.

chanel said...

looks good- i thought the potatoes were bacon, im sure dylan was wishin!

Donna said...

Green Olives? I would love that.

Melinda H. said...

Roasted red peppers would be PERFECT for these burritos! Make it easy on yourself and get the kind in a jar. They'll add just the right bit of flavor to your eggs :)

ckscribbles said...

Capers might make it more salty, I hate capers but I know they are pretty salty.

XO
Christine

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...