Monday, August 03, 2009

Mama Made Kindergarten Wardrobe Part 2

You guys sure made me feel good with all the comments on my previous kindergarten wardrobe post. In fact, I loved all the sweet comments so much that it got me so excited to work on the next dress. So excited, in fact, that I just went to it, without using a pattern!


I love how this little wool dress turned out. Lined in a vintage sheet & decorated with some vintage doilies.


So, going along without a pattern, I did hit a few bumps in the road. Like, oh yeah, how is she going to get this on without a button or zipper.....neither of which I've figured out how to do yet. So midway through I had to cut down the back & add in this button w/ elastic loop so that she could actually put the dress on. It doesn't look as clean in the back....but I'm okay with that.


And another skirt that I actually made a month or so back. I love this style skirt with the band of printed fabric at the bottom.


Claire is feeling a little left out while I've been making clothes for Sadie. She's requested a dress of her own. A purple one. I guess I can do that. :)

22 comments:

3 'lil Lemons said...

That dress is SOOO cute! I love it, and perfect for a school girl. I'm very impressed you made that without a pattern.

Erin L said...

I can't believe you can do that without a pattern. very impressive and so cute!

Anonymous said...

I think it's so sweet that you're making these precious clothes for your daughter.☺

And-oh, I love the doily.

Holly C.

Shay said...

Amazing again!!! You know if you ever need more doillies (sp) I have a ton.

Monica said...

that dress is gorgeous!I love the doily detail.

Devin said...

I love that dress! The lining makes it over the top adorable :) Good work again!

Hannah Stevenson said...

I love all of the little details. These will be so meaningful to her someday. The work of a true artist!

rose said...

cute! love the little skirt!

Ambrosia Girl Jenn said...

Sweet little dress. I love that lining, even though I see just a tiny peek...

imnotyrbabe said...

kkk...i love the back style and the skirt...im thinking about make a dress for my niece too... ^^ Good job anyway

jessi said...

This is so lovely - you are making me wish that I had a little girl!

Ariel said...

Very cute!!! The skirt is adorable!!!!

Jaimee said...

How sweet!!! I love the doilie trim...sooo precious. This is when I'd love to have a little girl to dress up - some how I don't think my little boy would look too cool starting Kindergarten in it!

julie green said...

that dress would have been my favorite as a kid. she'll remember "that gray dress with the lace" for YEARS and YEARS to come. very lovely and so kindergarten special.

Amy said...

I Love this sweet doily dress! Now I want to go and make my girls some school clothes!

Amie Plumley said...

Super cute - as a kindergarten teacher, I would love, love to have a cute little student wearing your clothes! She's going to be the best dressed kid.

Marty J. Christopher said...

Ahhh!!! How cute are those?? Oh man! I can't tell you how jealous I am of your talent. Sadie is going to be the cutest kindergartner ever...well until Claire, that is. : O ) Nice work, Candace!

dana said...

Oh my gosh....I'm in love with the lace-trimmed dress. Truly beautiful. Simple with style and so girly. Brilliant! I may have to borrow your idea :)

beautifulladybird said...

I can't even tell you how in love I am with the lace trimmed dress! I read the post last night, and woke up thinking about it this morning! Did you have a dress already shaped simialarily that you went off, or did you totally free hand it? Tell us, please! It is great!

Candace said...

I measured her chest & then just freehanded it.

Kristin said...

I love both of these items. The dolies on the shirt are too cute!

Jen said...

I LOVE that little dress! Makes me want to start making dresses for my little girl right now!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...