Friday, August 21, 2009

Turkey Burgers


We love this turkey burger recipe from the Everyday Food Great Food Fast cookbook. Turkey & green onions are a really good combination in my book.

Favorite Turkey Burgers

1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey (preferably 93 percent lean)
1/2 cup finely grated Gruyere cheese (I use whatever I have on hand, usually cheddar)
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced

1. Heat the grill to high. In a medium bowl, use fork to gently combine the turkey with the cheese, scallions, breadcrumbs, Dijon mustard, and garlic; season generously with salt and pepper. Dividing the mixture evenly, gently form into four 1-inch-thick patties.

2. Lightly oil the grill. Place the patties on the hottest part of the grill; sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move the patties to the cooler part of the grill; continue grilling until cooked through; 5 to 10 minutes per side.

3. Split the hamburger buns and toast on the grill if you like; place a burger on each bun and serve with desired accompaniments.

5 comments:

chanel said...

i wish you was feeding me!

Candace said...

if i was feeding you, Chanel, you would have had ramen noodles last night. :)

Erin said...

Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

I can't remember how I found your blog today, but I've just wasted over two hours at work reading through your latest posts. You are amazing!

I don't have kids and find a lot of crafty mom blogs to be a bit, er, not to my taste. But yours is awesome, and makes me imagine how I might do it one day. Because I am super crafty and thrifty, too (I heart old linens).

Oh, I'm also vegetarian and lived in the Midwest for three years. So hi.

GarlicBOSS said...

sounds good

Jennifer Aniston said...

Hmm it looks yummy.

Jennifer Aniston

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...