Friday, September 11, 2009

Home For Christmas Fundraising

It has been 16 months since I've last been home to visit my family in Las Vegas. 16 months since my kids have last played with their cousins. And 16 months since Dylan & I have been able to visit with our sisters & brothers & my grandma.

The reason why we haven't been back is lack of funds. With Dylan's income from work & the funds that we are able to make from our etsy shops, we are just barely able to hold it together with our household expenses plus student loan debt & other debts that were accrued during school, like medical bills & car repairs. Now, I'm not telling all of this to you to make you feel sorry for us. We got ourselves here & we'll get ourselves out. I'm just telling you so that you can understand my need for fundraising.

This Christmas, I want to go home to be with our families! Airfare for a family of 4 is pretty steep. So, Dylan & I decided that we'd like to make the drive home & drive through the south, a part of the country that we've never been through. The thought of being home with my family has me really worked up, but really we just don't have the extra money to do it.

So, I decided to do some fundraising right here on my blog. I plan to offer handmade items for sale. Items that are not available in my etsy shop. And I'm adding a widget to my sidebar to calculate our progress.

So, without further ado, let's get this party started!


I am offering to make two raglan dresses in a vintage print exactly like the dress in the photo above that I made for my daughter, Sadie. The dresses will be $48 a piece & can be made for girls age 2-6. They will go to the first two people to email me at SparklePowerCandace@gmail.com.

Feel free to spread the word & thank you for your support! I do have so much love for all my cute blog readers.

6 comments:

Penelope Anne said...

THIS FABRIC ALMOST MADE ME CRY! Gorgeous Dress! Im tweeting and fb'n it now! XO

chanel said...

good luck! you NEED to be home for christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cs-Dyp81uU

I'd like to help you reach your fundraising goals. Please call me (877)241-3174

Lovely Kasey said...

aw good luck girlie! I'm sure you will raise the funds in no time!

Melanie said...

Ugh I hated being away from family, especially during Christmas time. I spent my first 4 Christmases as a married gal away from my family. This year we're trying to get to my HUSBAND'S family!
Good luck- we're in the same boat or I'd get one of those dresses!

p.s. I just browsed way, way back in your blog. It was a total blast!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...