Thursday, October 08, 2009

Artsy Clutch


I got the sewing machine out this morning to make a birthday gift for my mother-in-law. Sounds nerdy to say, but a happy feeling came over me when I heard the sound of the machine humming. Then Dylan walked in the room & made some comment about how it was good to hear that noise again. Funny how the humming of the sewing machine is a familiar & comforting sound to us. A common noise that has been missing for a few weeks. It's good to have it back & interesting that in this time of change & uncertainty it grounds not only me, but my whole family.

And the gift for my mother-in-law...an Artsy Clutch from Bend the Rules Sewing. I'm probably the last person on earth to make one of these. Really easy, really cute & a great little gift.

5 comments:

smallgrapes said...

Lovely, lovely!! Glad you are back to sewing again. I agree about it being a comforting sound.

chanel said...

weather people on the local news is the "sewing machine sound feeling" for me. weird!

Holly C. said...

I'm glad you found comfort in your sewing machine.

The clutch is sweet!☺

Thrifty By Design said...

Love your fabric choice for the clutch. :-)

Glad you've got your sewing machine back up and running!

Sew Chic said...

Great clutch and you will be happy to know that you are not the last one to make one. I have had the book since forever but havent made it yet!

Great choice of fabric and i am sure your MIL will love it

Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique
http://sewchicandunique.com

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...