Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Quilted List Taker


I finally had a go at Jennifer's Quilted List Taker. I must say these are so fun to make. Her pattern is very easy to follow. I'm happy with the finished product. I bought a pack of little note pads, so it looks like I'll be making 12 of these list takers for an upcoming craft show. Any leftovers may go into my etsy shop. Or I may just give them as gifts. They would be the perfect little handmade gift for teachers, neighbors, friends, sisters & mothers.


Anyway, Jennifer's lovely patterns are available here.

Thanks for all the nice comments yesterday. At the time I wasn't sure why I was sharing these details almost one year post miscarriage...but now I can see that I am not the only person with these feelings & actually there are a lot of women out there who suffer with the same sadness. And I can't help but think that there are others suffering quietly with sadness over other things. "In the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see."

I did not write that post with a negative tone towards those that mentioned the miscarriage once Dylan lost his job. I know where each of those people's heart was & I appreciate it. I have done the very same thing. I guess it's good to have a little insight (obviously I needed it too) so that we can be more understanding.

So, with that said, I must tell you all that I love my life & I feel happy most of the time. Even during these kinda crazy times, we are making the best of it & smiling & laughing a lot. I enjoy sharing parts of my life with my online buddies. Thanks so much for even coming around & thanks for taking the time to comment & be so kind. You guys are awesome. :)

10 comments:

Amber Liddle said...

I'm freaking out because the inside of your list taker is the same vintage sheet I got to make my daughter's first birthday dress!! What a small crafty world!!
http://ingridliddle.blogspot.com/2009/05/ingrids-party.html

Amber said...

I like the list taker. I love that for an idea as a gift for a teacher. I will have to keep that in mind!

And about your last post. All I have to say is that you have some awesome friends/readers that have all said some really nice things and had some great advice. Sometimes it helps us to write things down. You will be able to read that down the road & see how much you have healed.

I love you!

Amanda said...

I love this. I'm going to have to make one. I'm a list person and those notepads are laying around everywhere at my house. Yours is very pretty!

Shay said...

What a cute idea, I love the fabrics you chose!

chanel said...

this rules- thanks for sharing. Yet with all your adorable things, i just want you to make me one- stop trying to turn me into a sewer! ;)

Holly C. said...

Love the look of the vintage sheets in the list taker. Cute!

Priscila said...

that is so pretty
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Karen M. Andersen said...

Oh Candace...

I haven't long found your blog and I had no idea about your miscarriage. I am so sad for you today. I can understand your frustration and grief, as I suffered the loss of my first baby's twin at 6.5wks gestation. It was 8 years ago now. I have learnt to cope/deal/live with it, as I am sure you will too, and it does get easier with time, but every so often something sparks thoughts of the baby and I am right back there. Grief is a strange thing, and the pain of losing a baby is something out of this world, but your burden will become easier to bear.

Like you, I find myself in a similar situation right now too. My partner is unemployed and he has been for almost a year now, due to the global financial crisis. He worked in the building and timber production industry, so poor economy = new houses being built = no job for him. It is SO hard, I know. We struggle with finances every single day. Our wonderful parents have had to help us out a lot, even with the everyday things like food and toilet paper. We want to get married and have a baby together, especially as my other 2 children are not his, but feel the same as you...why, when we won't be able to manage with a third child to care for, let alone barely manage to provide for the two we already have? Sometimes, I don't know what to do except throw my arms up in the air, admit defeat and go make something bright and cheery out of my bits and pieces :o)

Your creations are divine - keep making and blogging, and inspiring others, like you have me. Know that there are others out there going through the same things as you, and that we are rooting for you.

Love to you and your family,
from Karen xx

Heidi said...

I found your blog through poppytalk and am so glad I did. Keep up the adorable work.

http://oliveobserver.blogspot.com/

amelia bedelia said...

I stumbled across your blog and love everything I've seen so far. I do love the quilted list maker...but its no longer available. Do you know where else I am able to access it? I'd love to make one for my sister for christmas. Thanks!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...