Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Story of My Serger


Oh yes. I own a serger now & yes there is a good story behind it. Last month, just after we'd decided to move quickly to Las Vegas but before news had really spread that we were moving or why, my super dear friend Maria came for a visit. She said that she had an early birthday gift for me & wanted to bring it by. So when she & another friend Terri showed up with a rather large box, I was a bit confused. I opened the attached card & learned that this gift was from 13 awesome ladies & friends that I know from church. They had all pitched in to give me this serger! When I opened the box & saw it, I cried.

Whenever a holiday or birthday comes up, Dylan will ask me what I want. I always say "nothing". Then he asks me what I would want if money was no factor & I always say "a serger".

I cannot believe that these sweet ladies would do this for me. Little ol' me! I love this machine & I've already used it lots. I was so happy to have it to finish off the satin capes for my girls' Halloween costumes. What a mess they would have been without my serger! I am so grateful to Maria for the time she put into hunting this machine down & then for arranging for the group effort in purchasing it. And I am so thankful for all the dear friends that pitched in. They seriously made a little dream of mine come true.

Which reminds me...I have about a hundred thank you cards that I need to write. Which also reminds me...we have some new printable fabric stash note cards in the shop. Pay for the download once & then print them as many times as you need them!

17 comments:

Vanessa said...

what great friends you have!

Holly C. said...

Yes-you have great friends.

Happy for you.☺

Melissa Everett said...

i am too grateful for the serger... oh what a mess the satin capes would be!!! I love that you serger makes you happy!!

Amber said...

i love that story!

Donna/Sara from Kindred Crafters said...

Thank goodness for the good people in this world! You'll do wonderful things with that serger!

emsres said...

How wonderful to have such fabulous and thoughtful friends. Enjoy your new toy!

jen said...

it's great to have good people surrounding you. yay for a serger!!

3 'lil Lemons said...

My heart almost stopped when I saw those floral cards-I LOVE THEM!!! So beautiful!

Cherine said...

That is really cool!

Erin said...

wow! what kind and thoughtful friends! enjoy the serger, i LOVE mine!

Amy said...

What nice friends! Yay for sergers, I love mine. And those cards are so cute!

Stacy said...

I've been a blog lurker for awhile! You inspire me to be a craftier person in life. This story brought tears to my eyes as I have recently moved to San Francisco and have really found out who my true friends (Friend) is. The power of friendship and women is so moving and I can only hope one day to build up a new circle of girlfriends!

andrea said...

I love that she did that. What a great friend you found. I know you'll love it, and I can't wait to see what you make with it!

Priscila said...

Love this!
I’m new here to your blog and wanted to “pop” in to say hi! : ) Love your blog! Its beautiful!!
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Kathi said...

What a wonderful story behind your gift. You will always appreciate using it even more because of the effort and thought that went into it!

dana said...

Wow, with your sewing skills I would have thought you already had a serger. CONGRATS! What a cool story. I'm so happy you have one now :).
- dana

the fellers said...

what a GREAT present! lucky lucky yoU! I am so happy for you!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...