Sunday, November 15, 2009

Swaddler


My sister-in-law, Lilia, is having a baby boy soon & I was invited to her baby shower yesterday. For her gift I decided to make the baby swaddler from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing For Baby book. I really am quite in love with that book...the projects, the layout, the photos. This is the first project that I've made for the book, but I want to make everything in it!


I used a soft homespun cotton for the outside (found in the red tag section at JoAnn's) & a mustard colored fleece for the lining. I think it's quite adorable. I'm pretty anxious to see a sweet little baby in it. For sure making this didn't help with my baby hunger issues at all.

13 comments:

3 'lil Lemons said...

I love it! How nice and cozy and soft! Plus it's yellow-how can't I love it?

Just Rhonda said...

What a GREAT baby gift!!! I wanna make one too!

Jennifer said...

wow, this looks great!

Holly C. said...

Adorable. It looks so soft and warm!

Waldeck Dry Goods said...

I love the fabrics you chose for this!

pamela said...

i LOVE that book too!!! so great and everything really is quite simple : ) it turned out great! i've been making lots of babyshower gifts as well, and you're right, it does NOT help baby hunger issues!

Amber said...

that turned out really cute Candace!

Cherine said...

Candace I LOVE that. So when are you going to make that for the shop?? I would buy two. One for me and one for my in law ;)

Beth said...

SO cute!

julie green said...

i just made this same swaddler for a baby shower two weeks ago. i've got a few more in my future, i think.

i LOVE the yellow fleece inside.

chanel said...

wow~ thats really good~
umm, can i want another baby too now????
heavenly father gives you babies for the sheer reason of getting a homemade swaddler right????

Truly said...

i got that book for my birthday and haven't taken a breath long enough to make anything in it... you just inspired me to actually take the time (even if it needs to be in the wee hours of the morning)

Olivia Carter said...

Love that swaddler. I may just have to go out & get that book. Love the fabric you chose especially!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...