Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Art of Sewing


Dylan gives the best gifts. This year he hooked me up with 6 volumes of the Time Life set of sewing books called The Art of Sewing from 1974. Apparently there are 18 volumes total. They have awesome fabric covers & are filled with tons of information. Also, I'm in love with the colors of the spines & whenever I see them together on the bookshelf, I want to match the colors to fabric to make a quilt or something.



I'm so happy to have them. Thanks, Dyl. :)

8 comments:

Kloth & Bolt said...

Oh I found 3 of these a few years ago and love them! There are some really funny chapter about stuff that is very out of date, but some great tips that I've used in a few projects! -kb

Melanie said...

I asked my hubs once what he would get me if money wasn't a problem and he said:

a gun.

A GUN????

I'll have him call Dylan for my birthday :)

Holly C. said...

Oh my-those covers are awesome!

chanel said...

i have some OLD, i mean vintage, sewing books from my grandma. i wonder if you'd like them. they're over my head. one day we'll have to look at them together.

Ashley said...

OH....I LOVE them! I'll keep my eyes peeled for the other 12 for you!

Jill said...

If anyone is looking for these books, you should go to www.abebooks.com. Just type in the title, I have found the series in the years 1973, 1974, and 1974. The ones I am looking at cost $3.74 and the shipping is free. I love old vintage sewing books, particularly 60s and early 70s.

Conan said...

Oh my gosh. I'm in love with these. I think I just found my new obsession for 2010.

cally said...

Uh, that was me. I was logged in under my husband, Conan, although i'm sure he'd love these too.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...