Thursday, December 17, 2009

Self Storage for Poor People


This is what our girls get to share a bedroom with. Luckily the bedrooms here at my parents house are really big & the ceilings are tall.

My youngest sister is having a garage sale this weekend & I knew that we had lots of stuff we could try to unload. So yesterday we began going through all of our boxes. This area had been about 3 box widths deep & pretty unorganized. We opened up every single box. Decided if the stuff inside needed to be sold, unpacked & used, or stay packed up. Then Dylan did a magnificent job playing box tetris & arranging the remaining boxes floor to ceiling on one wall in the girls room. Because unemployed people certainly don't want to pay for a storage unit.

It opened up a lot of room, we found a ton of stuff we don't care about & hope to make some money selling and the girls were stoked to have a few more feet of bedroom floor. Plus whenever I see that wall of boxes it makes me giggle.

10 comments:

Melissa Everett said...

that makes me giggle too!!! how funny! It is a good thing those bedrooms are big!! I think you guys have a pretty darn good set up down there!!

andrea said...

That is a lot of boxes! Good idea to sell some stuff, we need to do the same. Thanks for sending me the address....we miss you guys. I sometimes wish I could just make things go back to how they were in Ohio with all my friends there, and the seasons. I miss getting to see my little buddy Sadie too! Hope you guys are doing well, and keeping positive. This will end soon. Tell Dylan and the kids we say hi!!

Holly C. said...

Oh-that's funny!

the fellers said...

How creative!

Lensar said...

There are many storage system but we need to choose the best.It is necessary to consider wider free space for the floor area as it provides space for the family car. So we need to have garage floor coverings.

pamela said...

i'm dropping off a ton of stuff at the consignment shop today! it's a good feeling to unload things that have just been taking up space for a while!

ps i got my 'BFF' poster in the mail and i'm giving it to my acutual BFF for christmas! thanks : )

Melanie said...

My husband used to pack UPS trucks and so now he is expert at packing up and stacking boxes. Since we move about once a year, he's quite the handy person to have around.

Alina Hensley said...

I seriously could have written this post. Husband and I unemployed, living with my Mother, with our three year old daughter, AND scraping together $70 a month to pay for the storage unit. There's no way there's enough room in our room or Ro's for our boxes/furniture. Not happening. I hope we're out of here soon, and I hope the same for you. Fingers crossed!

Alina Hensley said...

PS: We call it "Box Tetris", too. =) I am a freakin' expert!

Carol said...

I would like to suggest that you store all this items in a storage unit where the items can be kept safely and securely.
Harlington Storage space prices

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...