Sunday, January 17, 2010

Craft Hope

The lovely ladies of Craft Hope have set up an etsy shop where crafters are donating handmade items for sale. All proceeds are being donated to Doctors Without Borders in Haiti. I just love the power that the crafting community can have when we all come together to do good.

Check back often as there continues to be lots of items donated & organizers are listing around the clock. Also, find information on dontaing an item here. I cannot watch the news without my heart breaking for the people of Haiti. It's comforting to have an opportunity to use our crafty talents to help them.


Cherine said...

Doctors Without Borders is a fantastic organization. I love all their work. They have mentioned over and over again how much help they need. Thankfully they had Dr's. on site at another hospital away from the quake site but they have mentioned they need so much help. I would for sure help out. Also has a fund that goes straight 100% to Haiti and as of Last Thursday they shipped 80,000 lbs of supplies and another shipment to e made from Miami this weekend. They too would love donations. I know there are a lot of scams these days (sadly) but these two organizations are 100% honest! sorry I'll get off the soap box. Love the idea!

jessi said...

Thank you for letting us know about this - I haven't been reading as many blogs lately and was wondering if someone had set up something like this!

Alysa said...

Thanks for posting this! I donated a vintage fabric pillow cover today.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...