Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Going Meatless - Pineapple Black Bean Enchiladas

Lizzy sent me this recipe for Pineapple Black Bean Enchiladas. I was excited to try them because I love the combination of sweet & spicy. I wasn't sure how well they'd go over with Dylan though.

My rating - 8.5
Dylan's rating - 6

I used a red enchilada sauce because that's what I had on hand. I have a feeling that I'd rate these even higher with a green enchilada sauce like she suggests. They are filling & tasty.

Dylan wasn't as happy with these. I knew the pineapple would not be his favorite but I thought the enchilada sauce would counter it nicely. I really want to make these again, but I think that I may use half the amount of pineapple that the recipe calls for & fill in with some cubed potatoes. I think that would cut down on the sweetness a bit & the whole family would be happy.

Here's how you make potato cubes for burritos or enchiladas:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Salt diced potatoes & place in an oiled baking dish. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until tender.

***edited to add: I think these are even better the next day. I'm eating them as leftovers for lunch & they are amazing!


chanel said...

what salad dressing are you using- ive been thinking about your side salad ALL DAY!!!

chanel said...

i love your suggestions with it all too- and im making that lasagna (sort of) tonight. thats why im on here right now- looking up what to do!

Sarah@Neoteric.Traditional said...

That sounds good, my husband loves pineapple. Black bean, sweet potato burritos are good, too.

Candace said...

Poppyseed dressing, Chanel. Our new favorite. I must say that I love a raspberry vinegarette as well. yum!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...