Thursday, January 21, 2010

Going Meatless - Potato Tacos (Tacos de Papa)

Carrying over some of the ingredients that I used in our Southwest Salad we had earlier this week, I made these delicious potato tacos last night

I found this recipe over at the kitchn.

Dylan's rating: 9
My rating: 10

I loved these tacos so much. The texture was amazing & there were so many great flavors. They were very filling, but I didn't want to stop eating, I loved them so much.

The recipe called for poblano chile peppers which I totally forgot to buy. So those were not included in ours. I thought that the tacos were really good without any additional toppings like cheese or sour cream as the recipe suggests, but we felt like they were a tad bit dry. So we added a little bit of the Creamy Cilantro Dressing that we used on our southwest salads & it made them amazing. Amazing! This one is definitely keeper. Loved it!

We also had Broccoli Cheese Soup this week & tonight I plan to use up those red potatoes in Vermont Potato Soup. We're finally getting some cold weather out that is just perfect for soup nights. :)

***I apologize for my poor food photos. I'm working w/ a point & shoot for now & it's so hard to take good photos indoor at night & I'm missing photoshop dearly. So sorry.***


Angie@treasures for tots said...

It looks delicious!

Come share at my Thursday's Treasures party!!

the mama monster said...

oh yum. those look delicous! prudence pennywise blog has some yummy veggie meals. i love the brown rice and black bean burgers.

chanel said...

wow, i would never have guessed potato tacos would be that good- i'd try them but im not touching it without that dressing!!! oh im dying to get me some!!!

and i was suckered into clicking on the "might be interested" posts with you holding newborn claire!!! PRECIOUS! She was sooooo tiny!!!!

soulflower said...

They look very yummy...I might try those next week!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...