Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rainbow of Happiness




We saw a rainbow right outside our front door last week. Then we noticed it was a double rainbow. It was pretty dang exciting.

Earlier that morning when I was driving Sadie to school, I noticed a few raindrops on my windshield & told her that it might actually rain. She told me that that she really, really wanted to see a rainbow like we used to in Ohio. I told he we'd see but thought to myself, "fat chance". I really didn't expect it to rain much.

There were lots of squeals of delight when we discovered a rainbow later that afternoon. We sat in our t-shirts & watched the rain fall from under the front porch & enjoyed the rainbow for the short time that it lasted. The desert is supposed to get more rain this week. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for more rainbows.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Every time i see a rainbow I am fascinated! And it is one of these fairytale and childhood things that still today it puts a spell on me :)

Holly C. said...

Gorgeous!☺

Keri said...

What a sweet blessing for Sadie. :)

chanel said...

how awesome! desert rain is THE BEST! we are overcast here today (which may mean SNOW, but definitely cold and we won't be sitting in t-shirts!!) you have a lot of simple beautiful wonderful blessings there and i love that you recognize them! thanks for sharing!!! gives me hope that some day soon it will be our turn.

6p00d83451bc9169e2 said...

we definitely do not have those mountains in ohio :) so amazing!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...