Wednesday, February 17, 2010

BFF


So, I never posted about Valentine's Day. Maybe that's because I kinda hate Valentine's Day. But I've been thinking lately about what I've got. And what I've got is an awesome man.

When I was a teenager I decided that my future husband would wear khakis & leather sandals, just like the models in the J. Crew catalog. And I decided that my underwear of choice for him would be boxer-briefs. Oh, teenage girls... Now the thought of khakis & leather sandals makes me shake my head & stick my finger in my mouth while making a gagging noise. It's silly to think about.

Honestly, I think my teenage self knew what she wanted in a man. I just didn't think that I'd really ever end up with that guy. Then in the blink of an eye, I met him & now here we've been enjoying marriage for almost 10 years.

When it gets down to it, the clothes didn't matter. What did matter was finding the guy that loved me like crazy, that would be my partner in all things, my best friend, liked rock and roll music & that made me laugh & have fun. When each day is over, all the work of running a household is totally worth it as long as I have his company. And I am thankful indeed.

Oh, by the way...Dylan got a job! Looks like we're staying in Vegas for the time being. We are relieved & I'm so proud of him. :)

6 comments:

sonya audrey said...

Oh Candace that it so wonderful! I'm glad that he was able to find something! I was thinking of that recently and wondering how things were going. :)

P.S. My husband is from Vegas! He grew up in Summerlin. We're headed out there next month for a week for his best friends wedding. SO excited!

3 'lil Lemons said...

Congratulations on the job! That's wonderful news-it'll be nice to be close to family too. I'm so happy for you.

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

So sweet. My fiance is more the Star Wars tee-type than the JCrew model I always wanted, but he's so much more creative and interesting than I had thought, too. I didn't blog about Valentine's Day crafts or food or clothes or anything, either. Not much to say there. Love your blog and your style ;)

Anna said...

Awww...very sweet post. And YAY! Congrats to Dylan on the new job!

Bree said...

Congrats on the job! What a relief. So happy for you guys!

Tiffany said...

Ur honey looks kinda bad@ss in this pic!! :)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...