Thursday, February 11, 2010

Celebrating

We are celebrating Dylan's birthday today! The girls hooked him up in the licorice department, and he & Sadie are off at the comic book store as I type. So I'd say he's having a pretty good day. We will have a yummy boca burger dinner tonight & sing him happy birthday over some Krispy Kreme donuts. Then this weekend, we'll keep the celebrating going at a dinner with family. He's requested wings. Should be fun.

Thinking about my man today, I can't help but think about how thankful I am for him. Which then makes me think about how much I love him & then I start feeling all mushy, lovey. I've been listening to Jens Lekman in the van & this song makes me think of Dylan & I. It's silly but so sweet. Thought I'd share it on this special day. Love you Dyl. :)


We're also celebrating our new computer!!! It's such an upgrade from our old machine. I feel so spoiled. It's wonderful. :) With the new computer, I'm able to use my camera again too. I wasn't able to get photos from it onto the laptop we were borrowing, so that's exciting as well.


Dylan & I have a date planned this weekend to celebrate Valentine's Day & his birthday. Looking forward to that. Oh, and there's one more thing that gives us reason to celebrate. I'll fill you in on it soon! :)

6 comments:

Holly C. said...

Happy birthday, Dylan. Today is my daughter's birthday too! (The big 18)

Oh-now I have computer envy! That thing is gorgeous.☺

Lora said...

oh my goodness, i love red vines! seeing those makes me want to run to target and pick up a big package.

Madam b.Fly said...

Welcome to the world of your permanent technological arena. Once you go Mac...Enjoy it, it's addictive, so be careful! (My husband named ours...)

{lizzythebotanist} said...

congrats on the new imac! i just got one in january after my powerbook died and i feel like a new woman-it's a great feeling to have a shiny new computer, huh?

chanel said...

happy birfday dylan! we love ya!

Karen M. Andersen said...

Happy Bday to Dylan, Candace...I hope you had a great Valentine's weekend :)

I have just been reading your post below about your experiences as an introvert. I am an introvert also. I behaved just like your little girl when I was a child, and growing up was very difficult for me. Also, it's extremely hard for me to make friends and I do not have very many My Nana, who was also an introvert, always went the extra mile to make me feel like I was understood and loved unconditionally. Without her, I don't know how I would have made it through this life.

You are a wonderful mum to be doing so much to understand yours and your little girl's personalities and to embrace yourselves as you are. I am sure that having you as her mum will ensure that she feels accepted and loved for the person she is, too.

Kudos to you Candace :)

Karen xx

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...