Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Googly Eyes = Awesome


I know that I'm a handmade mama & will jump right up on my soapbox & sing the praises of handmade at any given moment...but I just never feel it when it comes to valentines. And guess what, I don't feel guilty about it. The Princess & The Frog store bought valentines that Sadie excitedly picked out make her super happy. Also, it makes me happy that I don't have to put a lot of time & thought into making 30 handmade somethings that may not be appreciated much by the 5 & 6 year old crowd. Anyway, that's my excuse.

Well, while at Target, I asked Sadie if she'd like candy bracelets, suckers or heart shaped notebooks with googly eyes to give to her classmates along with her cards. I thought for sure she'd choose the candy bracelets, but as she stood there thinking over her decision, I could hear myself repeating in my mind "super cute googly eyed heart shaped notebooks please!". And then, what do you know!? She opted for the notebooks. She understands the awesomeness of googly eyes, I guess. And as corny as it sounds, at that moment, I felt like such a proud mama.

Sadie is an awesome girl.

6 comments:

Melissa Everett said...

those are cute! I think Sadie is pretty awesome too!!

香水 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chanel said...

oh hunny bunny, you know im in the "just buy it" crowd when it comes to these things. feels kind of good huh, so easy. but thats not to say your handmade stuff isn't WAY BETTER!

gina said...

Very cute. For future reference here are three super cheap , super easy handmade valentine ideas for classmates...

http://unpinklife.blogspot.com/2010/02/semi-handmade-sugar-free-valentines-for.html

rose said...

those made me smile! even the words "googly eyes" make me smile. i dare anyone to try to say those words without smiling. i think it is impossible. :)

雪糕 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...