Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Pyrex Pretties


I have decided to start keeping the lovely pyrex dishes that I find while thrift shopping for myself. I had been listing them for sale in my etsy shop. I would get so excited to find them & then I'd let them go. Every time I'd think about how much I'd love to have an awesome vintage pyrex collection of my own. Well, the time is now. My collection is in the works.

I think about this one all the time. (See it there in the top left corner?) I was so close to keeping that one. The color! Oh my. In the end I let it go, but honestly I regret that decision. I was so happy to see a photo of it pop up in the Sparkle Power Pals flickr group. I can rest easy knowing that it has landed in a lovely spot. Doesn't it fit perfectly there?

9 comments:

Holly C. said...

I found a pink dish like you have there in the picture-at Goodwill a couple months ago. I love it!

I'm glad you decided to start keeping your wonderful finds.

pamela said...

I saw that exact dish today at an antique store for $10!! no kidding! i will buy it for you if you want it. (if they have it when i go back of course :) let me know!

Reece's said...

My mom just made tuna casserole in that pink dish tonight! I dont have room for some of my stuff, so if you want I will dig through what I have and donate it to you! I was starting the same collection a few years ago and somehow got away from loving it...I have a few that I wont let go though. I will keep you posted on the ones I want to let loose and send them your way! Good luck!

Linda said...

You have a pretty burgeoning collection. It is probably a better idea to sell yours or donate them as Pyrex collecting is very addictive. But, oh it so much fun to stumble across them in my thrifting hunts.

Kelsey Kim said...

Neat idea!! Never thought to even look for those.

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

Ooh, cute, I like the white and blue one a lot! I'm not as infatuated with the old olive green and harvest gold ones my mom still has around the cupboards...

chanel said...

yeah they rule. i had an awesome one, i got from my dad's when he died, so it was cool and sentimental. I broke it. such is life. umm, tell dylan i would LOVE some Lost commentary on his BRR.

June said...

Just found your blog and it's fabulous! I have a whole collection of the teal "Amish" pyrex dishes. My sweet mom got me started on them years ago and now every time I find one I get so excited! Good luck with your collection!

joolee said...

Oh goodness, I'm a ditto from the comment above - just found your blog and I'm a pyrex junkie too! My favorite design is the "dots" collection, which are somewhat hard to find...oh I love finding others who love old pyrex like me! I'll def. be following your blog. :)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...