Thursday, March 04, 2010

For Claire: Popover Sundress


I tend to make more clothes for Sadie than I do Claire, because Claire is pretty set up with all the hand me downs. Well, last night I came to a holding point on a bigger project that I'm working on & really needed to just get something done quick. You know so that I could have that feeling of accomplishment before I started back in on my bigger project. So, I used the free oliver + s popover sundress pattern & made a little dress for Claire.


I love it. She loves it. She was so excited that I made something for her. Something just her size.


It's not quite sundress weather here, so I put a short sleeved white t-shirt & grey capri length leggings under this & it looks adorable! The blue fabric is Heidi Grace from Joann's which I bought a while back & the yellow is a linen/cotton blend also from Joann's. Actually I bought both of these out of the clearance section when it was marked an additional 50% off & I had no project in mind for them at the time of purchase. I'm happy with the pairing.

19 comments:

mel said...

Oooh. I love this pattern and can't wait to get one or two made my little girl and a friend's daughter! The yellow accent if perfect!!

Melissa Everett said...

she is so cute! I love that dress! and I know I say this a lot... but she looks so much like you! I love it!

Lise said...

Oh, how adorable!

Shay said...

So cute, I love it, you are amazing, Claire is looking huge, that is all I have to say about that.

Erin said...

adorable! i love the fabric!!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

so so so cute. love the fabrics.

chanel said...

oh my gosh! that is the best!!! she looks like such a big girl in it too! sooooo very cute, awesome material!!

rose said...

super cute! i love it.

annie2006 said...

looks lovely :)

amanda said...

hey that is really cute. hey sometime can you email me your number i just have your old one. thanks.

sarah.jones said...

Love the fabric on that dress! I can't believe how much older Claire looks since I saw her last. Too cute!

joolee said...

too cute! there's a free oliver + s pattern?? i'll have to check it out. and that is exactly how i buy fabric - if i find something i love, i buy it knowing i'll find a use for it eventually... :)

3 'lil Lemons said...

Oh I wish I had a girl! I love it! I love the colors, the fabric, and the cute way it looks on Claire. It's beautiful. Great job!

jess said...

i think it's a great pairing! adorable!

Justine said...

Just downloaded pattern, now I need to hunt through sewing box to find something to make it out of. Not that there's any hurry really as the hottest temperature we've had lately is 5c!

The syders said...

Hi There,
Been browsing a few blogs this morning and stumbled across yours...Just wanted to say I think its Fab and I hope you dont mind me following.

gina said...

so mini chic!

Micayla said...

So adorable.....need to get the machine out!
Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Adorable! And the dress is cute, too ;-). I made one from that pattern after your post, and I love it. Your fabric choices for this are great. I never would have thought to pair the yellow with the blue fabric, but it looks awesome.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...