Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Heart Guacamole

Trying to figure out my plan of attack for today. My ears are humming. I came down with the flu earlier this week & my head & ears have been clogged up since yesterday. I expected to wake up today feeling normal...not the case, but we're getting there...slowly.

Anyway, in my procrastinating starting the day, I sat here in front of the computer & came across this photo from last week. I love it. They're eating chips & guacamole. I love that the girls are sitting on the counter top. I love their feet & their messy braids. I love that Sadie is feeding a baby doll a chip. I love that all my peeps are right there next to each other. As a home cook, I love to see my food bring everybody together. :)

My quick guac is just avocados, green onions, lime juice, cilantro & salt. Nothing fancy, but we all love it.

This photo also gives you a little look at our kitchen here in my parents' basement. My Dad took these cupboards & counter tops from a remodeling job that he did. They were just going to get thrown out! Pretty resourceful. I learned from the best! The fridge is pretty old & also pretty loud. Not a good combination with my loud humming ears. I've been saying "Huh?" a lot. Ha ha.

Now that Dylan has started working here in Vegas, we plan to find a place of our own to live, but we want to wait until the school year is over so that Sadie can finish off Kindergarten without any more interruptions. We are so thankful for my parents & all the help they've given us.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can hear again soon!


JMillerFam said...

oh girl. you truly inspire me more than you even know.

miss you terribly.

cleveland isn't the same...

The Smith Family said...

Very sweet picture...I must try your guac recipe soon, it sounds easy and delish. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Melissa Everett said...

i love that dillans hand is blurry... showing the movement! Ha! I hope you feel better soon!!

Micaiah said...

I heart guacamole too! Soooo yummy! If you ever feel like mixing things up a bit, try mashing your avocados with a little salsa, garlic salt, cumin, lime juice, and cliantro. My fave!

chanel said...

great pic.
nice kitchen too- love the pear knobs- coolio.
hope your ears get better, thats the worst.
i'll have to try the cilantro in the guac, otherwise mine is the same- simple is always best!

Morgane said...

I will trade your green onions for my tomatoes and we have the same recipe! Mine comes from a old New Nexican family! Simple yet perfect!

Hope you feel better

Shay said...

Candace, do you happen to know what color green that is, I am re-doing the kids rooms and Porter wants green, I am having a hard time committing to one.
Believe it or not, I have never made home-made quac, sounds so good!!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...