Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mens Shirt to Toddler Skirt Part 2


This time I was working with a polo shirt. I didn't want it to be really poofy, so I cut a rectangle out of the side.



I serged the top & bottom hems & sewed the open side together. Then I made a pocket out of red gingham from a thrifted curtain & attached it to the front.


Made a casing & the top & put in some elastic & it was done. But the pocket was huge & it was bothering me a bit. Claire liked it though & immediately started filling it up with stuff. Then Dylan came home from work & laughed at the big kangaroo pocket saying is was comedically out of proportion.



So I got my seam ripper out & took the pocket off. Made it smaller & sewed it back on (slightly crooked) & then added a little blue button for cuteness. I like it better like this. :)

7 comments:

Amber Liddle said...

Super cute! I need to get a serger to make things like that so much quicker. The big pocket is actually kinda cute, but I like the button one, too!

Kelsey Kim said...

I like it better witht he smaller pocket and the button. Very cute, I need to do this.

Melissa Everett said...

way cute!!!

So many Ideas not enough Time said...

Totally cute, I just might have to whip up a few of these for my little princess. but since she's got a tomboy streak in her I might have to try my hand at making attatched shorts.

Mandi said...

Way way cute!!

The Smith Family said...

Wow...I need to send you all of my husbands old shirts so you can go to town making these...they are seriously so stinking cute!

valfrid said...

WoW…You need to send all my old t-shirts and wife are in such a way that you can go to city processing… so seriously cute stinking!Polo shirts..

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...