Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Mens Shirt to Toddler Skirt Part 2
This time I was working with a polo shirt. I didn't want it to be really poofy, so I cut a rectangle out of the side.
I serged the top & bottom hems & sewed the open side together. Then I made a pocket out of red gingham from a thrifted curtain & attached it to the front.
Made a casing & the top & put in some elastic & it was done. But the pocket was huge & it was bothering me a bit. Claire liked it though & immediately started filling it up with stuff. Then Dylan came home from work & laughed at the big kangaroo pocket saying is was comedically out of proportion.
So I got my seam ripper out & took the pocket off. Made it smaller & sewed it back on (slightly crooked) & then added a little blue button for cuteness. I like it better like this. :)