Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Winner & Business Cards

First of all...Congratulations to Cherine! You win the poster! Send me an e-mail with your color choice & address & I'll send the poster along to you. Yay!

Thanks for all your comments. It was really fun to read. Skinny dipping was a big one. I've never done that either. I've also never had sushi.

Some of your nevers were really sad for me:
-Never had a pedicure
-Never had a snickers bar
-Never been to a rock concert
-Never flown on an airplane

Good thing we have our lives still ahead of us right! But go get a pedicure!!! Ha ha. Anyway, thanks for playing.

Just thought I'd share with you all some business cards I recently ordered. Dylan designed some really great business cards for me a little while back. I had long since run out of them & I really like to include a card in each of my shop orders. When Dylan is busy, I hate to nag him with all my little jobs & the business cards take time because he cuts them out by hand. And at the speed that I'm going through them, I figured ordering them would be worth it. So when I saw a promo through Vistaprint to get 100 business cards for $1.99 I jumped on it. I designed my own & I was pleased with the quality when they arrived. My only gripe is that I wish they were trimmed up better. There is a little white strip under my photo that bugs a little, but with the low cost & ease of ordering them, I'm willing to overlook it.

I signed up to receive their e-mail alerts & I do get a ton of e-mails from them. I used a junk e-mail address for this. But I notice that they send out different promotions all the time. As I'm already getting low on the first batch of business cards that I ordered, I took advantage of a promo they sent me for 250 free business cards. They had my template saved on file & I just had to pay shipping. I chose the cheapest shipping method which takes 21 days but only cost me $5.67. I hope to try out postcards through them in the near future as well.

Anyway, I thought this info may be helpful to any other etsians out there. I like to include a card in each of my orders. I leave the back of the cards blank do that I can write a quick note or a thank you to the customer as well.

Do you have any great resources for printing & business materials? Please share!

P.S. If you want in on the 250 free business cards, leave me your e-mail & I'll forward the link to you.


Melissa at Perry Jayne said...

please send me that link. Thanks.

Liv said...

The postcards in my etsy shop are ordered through Vista Print, they are really great quality and the price can't be beat. Plus, it's never taken the full 21 days for my orders to arrive.

jenny said...

oooh! i would love the link! i love your cards - they are cute and simple.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i use overnight prints quite often for low-price, good-quality orders. and they always have deals going on-i can almost always get free business cards. they'd be worth checking out. i like them because they do double-sided, matte or glossy, and rounded corners. lots of options.

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Never had a pedicure? Oh that makes me feel bad for them. I love pedicures!


Stop by my blog to enter to win a pair of sassy boots!

Knotted Nest said...

When in need of quick business cards, I get some 4x6 photos developed (1 hour!) and cut them out and add a label to the back. It's fairly labour intense, but it keeps my hands busy at craft fairs!

That links would be super helpful! Thank you:)

Crissy said...

oh could you share the link with me as well? thanks!


k said...

I would love the link Candace- kais1209@gmail.com

Sadie is one of the most beautiful little girls! Congrats on the first lost tooth!

iva yaneva said...

I ordered mine from their website almost a year ago and had the same issue with the trimming. I was wondering whether I should have uploaded a slightly bigger image or it is just inevitable. I should give it a try next time:)

I have purchased some stickers and a stamp with my address - didn't have any problem with these. I also wanted to try out their postcards but there was some problem with my image and couldn't upload it. I would love to hear your feedback if you order them.

p.s. Your cards look gorgeous! Simple and elegant. The white strip at the bottom doesn't look that bad because the background is white, so don't worry about it:) You can always cut it off if you have the nerves - I didn't, hehe :)

Amber Liddle said...

Love your cards :) I got my business cards from Vista Print as well. I also got matching return labels--I feel so organized!

Scott, Aimee, & Emily said...

If I could get the link... that would be great! I was looking at printing cards with Office Depo.. but they are expensive. My email is aimeerobertsphotography@gmail.com... thanks for sharing your insights! ps- Congrats on the job!

Keri said...

I also use VistaPrint for my business cards & have ordered my business postcards from them for 2 years now. I've tried both over-sized & regular-sized, and both have been good quality. I got a 25% off coupon from them each time I've ordered. Their customer service is also very good & they have shipped quicker than expected both times, too. But you probably already knew all of this. :)

Jenna said...

I've used Vista Print and wasn't entirely happy. I tried 123print.com and they were a comparable pricing/shipping and I was much happier. There was even a bad print job on one order and they overnight shipped a new batch for me. so they have good customer service too.

Eve said...

Wow. I have used Vista Print for their free cards, but I never saw the option to make a custom card with the free offer! I would love that link - Thank you!


Valerie said...

I love vista print! link please?

Waseem said...

I like your cards..they are cute and simple...Thanks you share it.Order Business Cards.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...