Wednesday, April 07, 2010

April Stash Bust - Diamond Scrap Pillow


So have you heard? April is stash busting month. I first heard about it over at cosa verde. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to join in. I have tons of craft supplies hanging around, but I still find myself at the fabric store at least once a week. I'm going to try not to buy any more supplies this month! I decided to submit a project as well, so I made this bright pillow. :)


I cut a bunch of little freehand diamonds from my scrap bin. I used lots of vintage sheets, pillowcases & curtains. Then I ironed on a bit of wonder under to each piece & ironed them in place. Stitched around each diamond with the sewing machine & used a vintage pillowcase for the backing.


I love this pillow. It makes me happy & all the materials I used, I already had on hand. Super!


Want to join in on the April Stash Bust? Check out Dollar Store Crafts.

15 comments:

holly p said...

Cute pillow!! I have been buying fabric like a crazy person, I need to stop and use my scraps. I might have to make one or two of these!

sonya audrey said...

so, so beautiful!! I can only imagine how bright and colorful your house is. :)

Lauralee said...

I love that pillow! The colors are beautifully happy. It's making me want to pull my own scraps out and make one. great idea.

nima said...

wow....gorgeous pillow...i love the colours of the patches

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

That is so pretty. I want to make one too! The thing I like most about the Stash Bust is that I, too, am at the store for more supplies weekly. Now that I'm not allowed to go shopping, I have to actually buckle down and use the stuff in my stash! It's kind of a cool feeling, actually! I'll link up to your project this weekend in my roundup of Stashbusting goodness!

Mommafo said...

yay, awesome! reminds me of the tree pillow scrapbuster last year... great idea!

Fran said...

Love it. New cushion covers are definately in order at my house at the moment, these will do very nicely! Thanks for the inspiration.

cottonjens said...

agree w/above ~ this is one HAPPY PILLOW! thx for sharing! in seattle this weekend i am selling at a cool event called 'the purge party fabric consignment sale'. this ingenious event was started last year by local art rep who loves fiber art. her site is artbrokeress.com if anyone's interested

Melancholywings said...

This is beautiful. Love the colors.

chanel said...

SWEET.
hey what do you stuff your pillows with?

Candace said...

Chanel, I use a pillowform. Like this: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=xprd985894
Watch for them to go on sale at Joanns.

Selina said...

Such gorgeous colours!

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

Very cute! I have been thinking a lot about scrap-buster project recently, I think I will have to join in this month!!

Sarah said...

Love this pillow, Candace! Everything you create is SO happy! Your bright personality shines in everything! Again, you continue to inspire me!

margo said...

This pillow is very appealing! I really like this idea a lot. I can think of a couple places in my home that need a bright punch of color.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...