Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This Is Why I Sew

I didn't make this pillow for Claire initially. Actually, I made it to sell in my etsy shop. But when it didn't sell, I put it in her crib instead of re-listing it & it's been her "little pillow" from there on out. Her lovey. Her special comfort item. She hugs it every night when she goes to bed & carries around through out the day.


Little pillow has been well loved. One time we couldn't find her little pillow for a week & then it finally showed up in the front yard. It had been laying outside in the elements for a week. And it rained that week! It smelled like dirt.

Claire got sick a few weeks back & little pillow ended up going through the wash for the millionth time, but this time it didn't make it through very well. Claire couldn't survive without it so she's still be sleeping with it, stuffing falling out & all.


So I did a little cutting & stitching & re-stuffing & fixed little pillow all up. After doing so I tucked it next to Claire as she slept soundly in her bed. I couldn't wait for her reaction in the morning. The next morning she came out of her room, carrying her little pillow & running to me saying, "You fixed my little pillow, Mommy!". She felt so happy & I felt so happy & I couldn't help but think, "This is why I sew".


*** I am headed out of town for a few days with my Mom & my sisters. We're going to Women's Conference in Utah. Dylan will be holding down the fort while I'm away. Hopefully he'll have some funny stories to tell when I get back. :) I have scheduled a few more posts for the rest of the week & then watch out!! I have something exciting planned for the first week of May. :)

6 comments:

Melanie said...

That is so sweet. But it is true, we sew for other people to be happy!

Erin L said...

i'm going to women's conference too! hopefully i'll run into you sometime.

andrea said...

What a sweet post. I know what you mean, it is wonderful to have children that appreciate those things too! Have a wonderful tip! I've been thinking about you since we talked, miss you tons!

Amber Liddle said...

That is so cute, how suprised she must have been to see a fixed pillow :)

holly p said...

This is the cutest post ever. What a sweet little girl you have! Have a great trip!

Kayanna said...

such an incredibly sweet story! there is NOTHING better than your children appreciating something that you do for them. :) hope you have a great trip!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...