Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Current State of Things

This is what my living room looks like at the moment. I am sneeking moments between laundry & taking care of the kids to tie this quilt. The kids refer to it as "the tent" & quite enjoy laying under it. I won't even lie. The grown ups quite like laying underneath it as well. It's kinda special & I quite like seeing the back of the quilt that way. Plus it's sorta magical to watch TV for a minute from underneath a soft vintagey quilt. Also, I'm just enjoying my time with this quilt, because it is not for me & I am going to be sad when I have to say goodbye to it.

Hoping that "the tent" comes down by tomorrow, though. My house feels a bit disorganized with everything pushed out of place & so my head feels a bit the same.

It it going to be fabulous when finished! I've given myself the deadline of week end. So, fingers crossed that all goes well! :)


Claire Kiefer said...

Are you making the quilt? I want to make one so badly, but I have no idea how to go about starting!

Ang said...

My girls would love this 'tent' too. Living room blanket tents are always magical!
I'm not a 'quilter' by any means. I've made a few quilt-ish blankets...but my finishing is always quite...imperfect :)
I don't really know the quilting tricks or strategies; I just start cutting and sewing.
What are you using to pull and hold the quilt so straight and taut?

chanel said...

how fun.
so, WHO gets it?????

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...