Monday, May 03, 2010

Guest Post - Sass

Sonya Audrey is the mother to two beautiful little girls. She once told me that their favorite colors were aqua blue & orange & in that moment I knew that she must be a super cool mother. Because what little girls don't love pink? All I could think was that their Mother had to have set an example of awesomeness. Well, Sonya Audrey's blog sass does not disappoint. She is cool & she is real & I'm glad we connected over the internets so that I can learn from her example of awesomeness as well.




My advice to my young daughters:

Don't worry about perfection in life, in looks or in love. It isn't attainable, and honestly, those perfect people never have any fun anyway. Always be you. After all, no one else can do it better. Read everything you can get your hands on. Never be afraid of making a mistake. Sometimes those mistakes lead you to the most magical places. Speaking of magic, believe in it. It's real and it's out there just waiting to be uncovered. When someone shows you who they really are, listen. Love with reckless abandon. Please don't hate me when you're 15. But if you do, I promise I'll still be waiting with open arms when you need me again. If you have the change, spare it. There is nothing cute about a bad boy. The only score you should keep track of is your credit. Take care of your skin. Be silly for as long as you possibly can. When you are old enough to have children of your own, watch them when they sleep. You will never feel more peace and love than in those moments. Amazing girlfriends are a necessity in life. Smile at strangers. Trust your gut. Find the kind of music that speaks to you and hold onto it for dear life. It will get you through the toughest of times. Wear your seatbelt. Playing dress up never gets old. Sing as loud as you can in the car whenever you feel the urge. I promise to always sing with you. Don't cheat. Create and capture your moments. Know that it's ok if you can't decide what you want to be when you grow up. Be everything. And most importantly, I gave you as a gift to each other. Cherish one another and be the best friends you were destined to be.

Happy Mothers' Day to all the mommies, past, present and future! It's your day, live it.

Bella Josephine and Clara Elizabeth, my sweet, spunky little darlings, momma loves you.

And a big thank you to Candace for asking me onboard this wonderful week of postings. You are the sweetest, most inspirational momma I "know!"

3 comments:

Candace said...

looove it! Especially the part about magic. :)

Lia said...

I teared up at the end when you told them to be the best friends they were destined to be. I have two girls and I couldn't agree more.

Meggan ♥ said...

I love it!! Sonya is such an amazing person and mother. I'm so lucky to know someone like her.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...