I can't believe the weekend is over. I'm a little sad to see it go. I've had so much going through my head lately. Much of it is really serious stuff, some of it not so much. :)
* I do not want to be critical of my own body or anybody elses. I want my girls to be accepting of themselves & everybody around them. I need to be a good example of this.
* I'm working on growing my hair long.
* I feel really strongly right now that I need to help develop a really strong relationship between my two girls as well as our family as a whole. More good family activities & together time is how I plan to go about this.
* I think I'm a pretty good cook. I want people to think I'm a good cook & talk about it. They should say stuff like, "Everything Candace makes it gooood!" I can be a little conceited sometimes.
* Summer TV really, really sucks.
* Time to start exercising.....again.
* A super friend pointed out this quote from Elder Ballard's Mothers and Daughters talk,
"Throughout the history of the world, women have always been teachers of moral values. That instruction begins in the cradle and continues throughout the lives of their children. Today our society is bombarded with messages about womanhood and motherhood that are dangerously and wickedly wrong. Following these messages can put your daughters on the path to sin and self-destruction. Your daughters may not understand that unless you tell them or, better, unless you show them how to make good choices. As mothers in Israel, you are your daughters’ first line of defense against the wiles of the world."So right on with what I've been feeling & thinking so strongly about my job as a mom. And specifically a mom to two daughters. I have to prepare these girls right now while they are little so that they can be good, unselfish, smart adults. It's a big job. I can do it though. :)
* I'm not a dreamer. My feet are planted firmly on the ground. But I have hopes, that's for sure.
* It is okay to treat myself to a piece of jewelry or a new top every now & then. It makes me feel good & I'm worth it.
* I live a really sweet life with some really sweet people.