Our 10 year anniversary getaway was awesome! We have never been away on our own since we've had kids. Never. Not once. Because we are saving money, we decided to take a little staycation & Dylan booked us a room at the Red Rock Hotel.
I loved our room & immediately became very attached to the bed. It was so unbelievably comfortable. You just melted into it when you laid down. I would have been happy to have just lounged in that bed the whole time.
We went bowling & got matching scores. Seriously. Cute, right?
We went to a fancy Italian restaurant for dinner. Somehow we always end up eating Italian on our anniversaries.
Ordered a big ol' room service brownie sundae & then hit up the breakfast buffet in the morning.
We did a little antique shopping after checking out of the hotel & before going home to the girls. We thought it was really funny the way the lady bagged up Dylan's purchase.
It was just a big Chewbacca. Awesome antique, right?
Some things I noticed from our little getaway:
- We have a lot of stress in our lives & I like to bottle all that stress up inside me. It was fabulous to have a break from our work, chores, responsibilities, computers, phones & even the kids. It was quiet. We could do whatever our little hearts desired whenever we wanted to. There was nothing to worry about. Having not been able to have an opportunity like that to release all the stress in the last 5 years really opened my eyes to just how much it effects me daily. I felt cleansed in a way & recognize that I need to chill out more often.
- I love my husband more than ever. We are the same kids we were 10 years ago.
- We should look into buying a new mattress, but it may not be good for my productivity if we have a bed that I want to stay in all day every day.
- I am thankful for my parents for respecting Dylan & I as parents of our own kids & for willingly taking care of the little ones so that Dylan & I could have some time away to care for & nurture our relationship.
- It didn't cost too much & it was definitely worth it. We for sure have to plan some getaways like this on a more regular basis.