Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our Getaway

Our 10 year anniversary getaway was awesome! We have never been away on our own since we've had kids. Never. Not once. Because we are saving money, we decided to take a little staycation & Dylan booked us a room at the Red Rock Hotel.

I loved our room & immediately became very attached to the bed. It was so unbelievably comfortable. You just melted into it when you laid down. I would have been happy to have just lounged in that bed the whole time.

We went bowling & got matching scores. Seriously. Cute, right?

We went to a fancy Italian restaurant for dinner. Somehow we always end up eating Italian on our anniversaries.

Ordered a big ol' room service brownie sundae & then hit up the breakfast buffet in the morning.


We did a little antique shopping after checking out of the hotel & before going home to the girls. We thought it was really funny the way the lady bagged up Dylan's purchase.


It was just a big Chewbacca. Awesome antique, right?

Some things I noticed from our little getaway:

- We have a lot of stress in our lives & I like to bottle all that stress up inside me. It was fabulous to have a break from our work, chores, responsibilities, computers, phones & even the kids. It was quiet. We could do whatever our little hearts desired whenever we wanted to. There was nothing to worry about. Having not been able to have an opportunity like that to release all the stress in the last 5 years really opened my eyes to just how much it effects me daily. I felt cleansed in a way & recognize that I need to chill out more often.

- I love my husband more than ever. We are the same kids we were 10 years ago.

- We should look into buying a new mattress, but it may not be good for my productivity if we have a bed that I want to stay in all day every day.

- I am thankful for my parents for respecting Dylan & I as parents of our own kids & for willingly taking care of the little ones so that Dylan & I could have some time away to care for & nurture our relationship.

- It didn't cost too much & it was definitely worth it. We for sure have to plan some getaways like this on a more regular basis.

8 comments:

amy said...

Good for you guys! We are actually taking a kiddie-free vacation in August. My hubby got us tickets to see Garth Brooks at Wynn Encore even though he can't stand country music and it's my favorite (seriously, how cool is that? I could not ask for a sweeter guy)! We have a 22 month old and an 8 month old and I love them to pieces, but I have to admit that I'm looking forward to 3 whole days of talking to adults. We have not spent one night away from them since we had them and I know it's going to be a little tough, but I know I'll be a better mom afterwards. I'm glad you guys had such a good time!

La TempĂȘte said...

Oooh looks like you guys had fun. Always important to take Mama and Daddy breaks now and again, huh?

Alicia Clinton said...

glad you could get away and relax from the stressful day to day. you deserve to do this more often for sure!

Jenny said...

My husband and I did a weekend getaway for our 1oth too! It's a good thing, isn't it! So glad you had the chance to go! And Happy Anniversary!

Paula Kathlyn said...

Thats so sweet... I am glad you guys got away. Your hair is getting long! I like it :)

Amber Liddle said...

I think little vacations like that are the best--no traveling, a comfy bed, and no stress of making sure to see the sights. A room service brownie sundae sounds really good right now :)

chanel said...

candace todd, you and that bed!! [giggle giggle]
;)

Amber said...

so happy you had a nice time. happy anniversary.

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...