Friday, June 04, 2010

Soft Vintagey Goodness Blanket


After my last big quilt was finished, I had the thought to make some quicker, smaller quilts showcasing some great vintage fabrics. I finished this blue green geometric one this week.


The front & back are two different vintage sheets. The middle is one layer of cotton flannel. It's really soft & less bulky than a quilt with batting. Nice & summery, I'd say. Plus it goes through my sewing machine much easier.

Hand bound in a contrasting color. In this case a bright orange. I love it.


This pretty thing sold shortly after being listed in the shop yesterday, but I have plans to make some more. :)

7 comments:

Jess said...

So pretty! Love the colors!

VickiT said...

That's a great blanket and perfect for summer. Love the colors.

A. said...

That is fab! I love the front - it's a perfect quilt top 'cause it already looks all patchy. Love the binding, too.

chanel said...

that one is seriously the BEST! how bout you give me a heads up when that awesomeness is going to the shop and I can get my little hands on it first!
and LOVE the picture of claire!!! lil sweetheart.

Jaimie said...

It's really cute.

Amber Liddle said...

I'm in the midst of making a summer weight quilt myself. It's slow going, unfortunately, so by the time I get it done it will probably be cold again!

dana said...

Candace, I love the quilt! more of this sort of thing in the quilting world please. Someday when I get into quilting, I'm going to remember this one :)

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...