Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Three Tiered Skirt For Sadie


After seeing the three tiered skirt that I'd made for myself, she asked if I could make one for her. I used the good old Simplicity 4206 pattern.


Three tiers in different pink colored vintage floral sheeting. I made a size 6 for her. I'm not sure that she's actually a size 6 yet, but I knew that I wanted the skirt to be a little longer.


I think it's adorable & she was really pleased with it. She's also a great model. She gives me all the angles. :)


I've used this Simplicity 4206 pattern to make a top, pajama shorts, have lengthened the top into a dress & now the tiered skirt.

9 comments:

Country Girl in the City said...

This is really pretty. I keep seeing these tiered skirts around on different sites and I really need to get busy and make one for my daughter. So nice and summery!!

Have a great day!

Cassie said...

You've got me wanting to attempt this! Looks easy enough?? Thanks!

Steph said...

So sweet! I was just posting about getting my kid sewing mojo back. Thanks for further inspiration!

Heather at Blessed Little Nest said...

oh goodness...i love that one too! i'd love a big girl version of that one.

Michelle said...

This is probably the most-used sewing pattern in my basket for the past year. I've made my daughter several peasant tops, lengthened the pattern to make five dresses, and am about to make her a pair of shorts. Definitely 99 cents well spent last summer!

Heather said...

Can we have a sewing party? For reals. Lauren needs some skirts, I think this is the perfect one. I'll actually do the sewing this time though :)

kirsten said...

my mom's used this pattern for my girl - she outgrew her tiered skirt this year... time for a new one!
they're so easy and cute for summer.

Lauralee said...

I always love your fabric choices. What a perfect skirt for Sadie!

nanasknoll said...

I may make this little skirt for my 2 smaller grand daughters. Great way to use up some material pieces I have.
nanasknoll.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...