Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Desert Companion


A few months ago I was contacted to do an interview for an article that would be appearing in the Desert Companion magazine. It's a local magazine put out by Nevada Public Radio & it is awesome. Reading it always makes me proud to live in Las Vegas. So I was pretty stoked when Alicia Barney contacted me for an interview for her article "The artisan next door".


I, of course, am a shy girl. Not at all used to doing interviews. So I rambled on over the telephone with her for quite a while & when I hung up, I thought. "There is no way any of that made sense." And since a few months passed before the article was published, I forgot a lot of what I had said in that interview. So it was really exciting to finally read it & see that Alicia was able to understand my nervous babbling.


The girls were so excited to see my name in print & I felt super lucky to be included with the other awesome artisans in the article. When I first started the shop, I never would have imagined that stuff like this would be happening to me. It's crazy & so exciting!

You can read the article here. I'm at the very end, so you'll have to click on "Read entire issue online". The article is on page 20. :)

9 comments:

A. said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! Congratulations - that is so exciting!

Chris said...

Way exciting, Candace. I'm so happy for you and the recognition your hard work it receiving.

alison said...

You came off super fantastic in your part of the article. I really enjoyed how you said its been a blessing. :) Thanks for sharing with us!

Heather at Blessed Little Nest said...

congratulations candace!! that is soo great and so well deserved!!!

Finley and Oliver said...

Congratulations!! That is very, very cool.

ringmaster said...

very cool!! as a fellow shy girl that is very inspiring!!!

Chasity @ The Intertwined Life said...

Congrats!!! That is so awesome!

Heather said...

how awesome- yay for you candace!!!

Shay said...

That is so cool Candace, way too go!

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...