Friday, July 16, 2010

Repurposing Old Blue Jeans

I was asked to teach a class at church about repurposing old blue jeans. Teaching is not my favorite. Being in front of everybody makes me feel all exposed & self conscious. But luckily the class was full of nice ladies & we had a good time. Funny thing, I was demonstrating how to sew a pot holder & I totally screwed it up. Seriously! Seems like it's not possible to screw up something as easy as a pot holder, but I sure did flip that sucker out & my stuffing was on the outside! Yikes! Oh well. Check out some of the samples that I made for the class:


Potholder #1

Potholder #2

Baby Bib using this tutorial

Wallet using this tutorial

Wallet inside

9 comments:

nobaddays said...

Very cute - especially the baby bib and the wallet! And I wanted to share my kid's messenger bag, made out of old jeans and a t-shirt. Pattern is from One Yard Wonders. http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveandsue/4549721490/in/photostream/

Shay said...

way cute, I love the potholer number one and the wallet. You have a good eye for matching fabrics!

The Sassy Crafter said...

I love the wallet, I'm totally making each one of my kids one...thanks for posting!!!!....you shouldn't be afraid if you are with people you know, I LOVE to teach at church, anything even if it is stand up and bear my testimony, anything goes!!!! just think that they are people you know and probably love you, so don't be afraid! =)

Claire Kiefer said...

All those things are cute, especially the bib! Looks like you did mighty fine to me, lady!

Lauralee said...

I love the colors of that wallet! It's perfect. All great ideas. Good thing I keep a stack of old jeans around . . .

KJ said...

These are all great projects. That baby bib is so sweet. Your class might also be interested in this denim picnic blanket tutorial at Ready Made. I am going to make it and put something water resistent on the other side.

http://www.readymade.com/projects/article/denim_picnic_blanket

Big Yellow Dog said...

Those are all great. I bet it was a fun class!
Margaret

chanel said...

holy smokes! these are awesome! i love the wallet!!! you are so cool. and fyi- there are belly picts up....

Katie said...

Thank you for dropping by my little space! Now I know you are here!! Love all these things you've done with upcycled denim. I just finished a giant picnic quilt and used every last scrap of denim that I have been stashing away for about 6 or so years:) Sadly, that means that some of these cute projects (like the bib...that is so adorable).

Post a Comment

I looove comments. Thank you so much for taking the time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...